Thursday, August 7, 2008

Arty Girlz Challenge

  • The challenge this week on Arty Girlz is "Vintage"...how would you describe Vintage...old... worn...distressed and a bit ragged round the edges....well that's me to a T.....can you believe I have been filling in forms this week to get my old age pension and personal pensions in November when I reach the ripe old age of 60.....I certainly don't feel it (well maybe somedays I do) but believe me most days I definitely look it. It seems ages since I have done an Arty Girlz challenge and I do love them...they always come up with great ones ....so here goes I'm back......had great fun making this card...maybe not exactly vintage...more shabby chic shall we say.
  • P.S. to this post...Dawn has kindly said that she thinks I don't look a day over 30 well me thinks that if she wears specs. she needs new ones or if not, she needs to get some.
  • Papers: K & Co Hopscotch Girl
  • Flowers: Prima Artful Collage
  • Ribbon: from my stash
  • Heart & Sentiments: Heidi Swapp
  • Stamp: Autumn Leaves - Rhona Farrer

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love your sheep on your banner. They are soooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Kath - 60 you don't look a day over 30!! and I'm somewhere in between!! LOL

    Those flowers are great!

    Hugs

    Dawn
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Dawn, that is very kind of you to say but me thinks that perhaps if you wear specs, you need new ones and if not, you need to get some.
    Love
    Kath
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really quite lovely...vintage or shabby chic...it's lovely either way !!

    thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kath...I love the way it is divided.
    Nearly 60 ????!!!! No Way....!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kath your card is beautiful but then again they always are!!

    Thanks for saying such lovely things about Arty Girlz too it means a lot :)

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card as always. I love those flowers. Did you stamp them or were they already printed on? I'm shocked you didn't use your new Martha Stewart punch.
    Take care,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful. I do like the 'vintage' look w/the inked edges. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is really awesome.
    Wonderful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so elegant ~just love the papers and the swirls!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful, I love the 3-panel design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow another stunner kath love the flowers and the heart.

    what is it they say your as young as you feel that make's me the same age as you lol

    Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

    crissi xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh little old me just loves this card, stunning as usual. As for your age, well I can speak from the heart & say you are nothing close to 60, got more energy that a 30 year old...

    Lorraine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. Those colours are so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card I love the shabby vintage look WTG hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Elegant and very beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  17. Age is only numbers - you do what you want and how you feel!!

    Love this challege and how you've responded - I'm umming and arrhing over this one as I'm upto my eyes in stuff.... But, I may just be tempted hehehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. don,t forget once your over the hill you start picking up speed,

    Had a card for fabulous 60 but sold it to a friend the other day, but if you let me know the date I will make a card for you.

    Fab card as usual, bye the way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. kath,every new card or creation of yours i look at becomes my new favorite! this is amazingly beautiful! your color choices are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is great Kath, love the colours! Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful. Love the vintage colours x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely creation! I love your story about MS punch. You shouldn't give up. That is exactly what they want you to do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Deine Kreation ist wunderschön!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete