Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2 Sketches4You - Sketch 16

It's great to be back in the world of challenges again......and the sketch this week on 2 Sketches4You is from Laura..... and fabby cards as always from Laura and the DT........I needed to make a birthday card last night for my BIL who is celebrating a rather special birthday today....yes skidding in by the seat of my pants once again...but I have an excuse...hubby was beavering away at the shelving in my cubbyhole and it took me ages to find the stash I needed.
Luckily my latest purchase was on top of one of the boxes and it's perfect for male cards but you must excuse the strange angle of the pic......only way I could get a half decent one without picking up lots of glare.
Papers: Basic Grey Granola Collection
Hearts cut with Cricut George & Basic Shapes
Alphabet: Scrabble Letters
Numbers: American Crafts Thickers
Hope to be back later with pics of the finished shelving.....hubby's job is done....it's just a case of me getting everything back in place.....and that bit is always a nightmare.....
BUT....before I go dashing off to deliver said card and pressie ......special Birthday Hugs & Kisses for the one and only QUEEN of CRAFT...the gorgeous TERRIE B.....naughty...naughty...girl....kept that one a bit of a secret...didn't you Mrs B.  Hope you had a lovely day Terrie with all your family.
Catch up with you all later....Hugs Kath xxxxxx

28 comments:

  1. Oh I love this card, the sketch is fab too I think I may have to have a go at this one!

    Mrs W x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous interpretation of the sketch Kath and those papers are fab. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card - I looked at the sketch and no way would I attempt a card for a man!! off to start mine once i finished blog hopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Kath, as always. I love your sentiment!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fabulous. You did a wonderful thing with this sketch. Hugs Marja.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kath - what a fabulous card and great take on the sketch. :) Love the wording you have put on - excellent. :)

    Hope you are well. :)

    xxDebbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Kath I like the humour. Love the colours for a man card too. I am sure he will love it! hugs Pascalex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card...love the papers
    Lol at the words...brilliant
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kath..Your card is `gorgeous`..Your BIL will love it..i love those papers..and you...you little minx you!!!!I leave it to announce me b`day cos I hate anyone to think I expect a card!!!!!
    But I `Thankyou` sooooooo much for thinking of me...Your kindness is `touching`....
    `Thankyou` for your really sweet comments:)
    Well I`ll be back later to see the New Crafting Arrangements..until then Kath...
    `Thankyou` sooo much...`Gorgeous Lady`
    Lots of love:)~X~Mwaah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe--love the sentiment on this one! Wonderful masculine colors, too. Great job with this week's sketch! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is darling Kath! Your BIL will love it. Ooohhh new shelving!! You lucky girl, cant wait to see the finished product!
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about your card Kath, it's perfect!
    -Cher

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! Good luck on getting your craft area put back together now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what a stunning masculine card! I so admire anyone who can pull off a good masculine card...I really struggle with them! Great take on the sketch as well!
    -Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, fabulous card Kath!!! Great take on Laura's sketch...love it!!!

    Happy new year!
    Hugs,
    Peet

    ReplyDelete
  16. great card Kath, he will love it
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is a brilliant card Kath. love it. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card Kath, fabby papers and a really fine card for a man. Love your new craft space, it's three times the size of my cupboard that I have plans for, lucky you. Happy New Year to you and buddy, oh, and the rest of the family of course
    Hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kath

    Love the distressed feel to this!
    Happy New Year to you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card as always Kath, love the wording :) Can't wait to see the pictures of your cubby with the new worktops etc, i'm so envious!

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic card, I totally love the masculine look. Isn't it funny we always tend to make girlie cards? I am sure your BIL loved it! Can't wait to see your new workshop! What a great hubby you have! Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Kath, I've just spent ten minutes writing you a nice and lengthy note, clicked preview then the back button and lost the lot grrrrrrrrrrrr
    So the basics were: sorry your ill, love the card, love the slide show, hugs to Buddy "we have a Sophie", happy and healthy 2009 to you and your family (the first draft was so much nicer)still i can only get better - cant I ?!!!!!!
    love
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kath, this is a wonderful card. I love all the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very nice...I like the dp you used! great job on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful masculine card (those are a challenge for me to create! LOL!). The papers you used are lovely, and the sentiment made me smile! I'm sure that your BIL is blessed by this creation!

    Have a happy new year, Kath! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy new year Kath! Hope to see more of your beautiful cards this year. Love the sentiment too!

    Joke.

    ReplyDelete