- Papers: Funky Hand: Minty Madness
- Image: Penny Black "Critter Party" clear stamps
- Sentiment: Cut with Cricut and American Crafts Thickers.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
But it isn't all bad in bloggy land this morning I received a beautiful card yesterday from my blogging friend Dawn as a thank you for her blog candy....and this fabulous award also from Dawn and Dawny - 2 seriously talented blogging friends ...thank you girls for thinking of me. I am supposed to pass it on to 5 other crafters who inspire me.......how can I choose 5 out of all the lovely blogging friends I have made since I started my blog. I do appreciate your visits and all the lovely comments you leave so whether you are just an occasional visitor or one of those stalky folk...consider yourself awarded and display it on your blog with all my love.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
What am I like.....I know a kid in a sweet shop. Love Kath xxxxxxxx
Thank you Chris for your lovely comments even the one about me being vintage...have to hold my hands up to that one and getting even more vintage by the day....it's a worry.
This card was so easy to make and working with products from two of my favourites companies....the gorgeous papers from the Blue Awning Collection at K & Co do all the work for you and I love this Collage Art stamp from Hero Arts...so the products are the stars here.....I just did a little bit of stamping and sticking down.
I know you have heard this before but I am definitely off to do some work...even although it is another gorgeous day here. Love Kath xxxxxxxx
- Papers: Blonde Moments
- Image: House Mouse "Sunny Side Up"
- Punch Border: Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge
- Lace: from my stash
- Sentiment: Rub-on's from Docrafts
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Stamps from Bubbly Funk...I love these "Stamps Away" stamps....they are ridiculously cheap but are great quality and they stamp beautifully with a Versafine Black Ink Pad.The weather is glorious here today but a bit windy...not complaining about that...the washing is out and will be dry shortly....oh no...more ironing. Buddy was lying out in the garden doing a bit of doggie sunbathing until he saw me with the camera.....he is a real poser and check out that big wet nose!!!!
Well no more excuses back to work...well perhaps after a coffee and a little seat in the sun!!!!!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
The sketch this week from ....2 Sketches 4 You has been set by Laura. I am still on a bit of a high from last week and what on earth can I do this week...mind you the chances of being "Card of the Week" 2 weeks in a row must equate with winning the lottery. Well that focused the mind and I decided to make a card for a very Special Lady in my life ....can't say anymore because I fear that she stalks my blog occasionally.
- Cardstock: Bazzill Arroyo
- Paper: Crate Paper - Blue Hill Collection..Grass
- Sentiment: Adorn-it Foam Alphabets
- Charm and Ribbon from my stash
This was to be the day that I started on my Christmas Card samples but.....not feeling too good today...think I may have picked up some tummy bug.....so what better cure than a little bit of TLC in the form of playing and maybe I can get some challenges done.....well that's my excuse!!
- Papers: K & Co Blue Awning Collection
- Stamp: Hero Arts...Thank You Collage Art
- Punch: Martha Stewart Doily Edge Lace
- Lace & Button: from my stash.
Monday, August 25, 2008
After all the excitement of yesterday...as you can see it's back to the day job and this week I must make a start on making up my sample Christmas cards...now that is a challenge as at the moment I have no ideas in my head whatsoever. Love Kath xxxxxxx
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Anice is offering a Bank Holiday Discount offer of 10% off everything on the website including this new download and if you are a newsletter subscriber..it's 15% off up until midnight on Monday 25th August.....to take advantage of this offer you need the Discount Codes which you will find on Anice's Blog.....Funky Hand Thoughts
Don't know why but it reminds me of Mint Aeros which are one of my favourite choccy treats.
I've had great fun playing with these papers.....you've done it again Anice .....another fabulous collection.
A little reminder for all you sketch fans out there...Carol my Funky Hand DT mate will be posting Sketch No 2 on Carol's Sketch Fun .....on Tuesday 26th....so get over there and join in the fun.
Big thank you to Kazan for choosing my Birthday Book this week.
P.S. I've never been superstitious but after winning the prize on Tag You're It and then Jane's blog candy I did comment that perhaps I should buy a lottery ticket...well I didn't win the lottery but this means just as much to me...and it just goes to prove that good things do come in 3's.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
I think it might be safe to say that you all enjoyed last week's challenge using ribbons and my oh my fabulous creations from everyone.
The challenge this week on Penny Black Saturday is.....No Cards Allowed.....I decided to make a Reminder Board for my office...a bit of a necessity when you have a memory as bad as mine.....I am a real "make a list" person especially when I go shopping ...but then I arrive at the supermarket and discover I have forgotten to take the list and it is still sitting on the kitchen table......perhaps I need a list to remind me to take the list.....it's a worry.
- Papers: Basic Grey Perhaps Collection
- Flowers cut from a sheet of Basic Grey paper and dotted with Sakura Souffle Pen..White
- Alphabets: Basic Grey
- Stamps: Penny Black Bear Blanks
- Ribbon: Costco
- Post-it-Note Pad from office
- Eyelets: WeR Memory Keepers
Enjoy your weekend and hope the weather with you is as beautiful as it is here this morning.
I was very sad to hear that Tracy was standing down as one of the co-ordinators on PBSC ..she has done a marvellous job along with Tracie is making PBSC what it is.......a real fun blog and I wish her all the best for the future ...she will continue on the Design Team so we aren't going to miss out on seeing all her fabulous work. Jacqui and I will be joining Tracie as co-ordinators and I hope that we can continue with the great work Tracy has done. We really appreciate your support over the last 11 weeks and it's great fun to visit you all and see the wonderful ideas you all come up with.
Love Kath xxxxxx
Friday, August 22, 2008
Last challenge of the week completed but of course they start off all over again on Monday. Off to put my feet up and relax...probably nothing on the box...so will no doubt end up back up at the computer doing a bit of blog hopping.
I had been using these papers today for a card order and rather than tidy away all the little scraps...why not make my tag for the challenge. I used four different punches:
- Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge for the border
- Fiskars Large Heart Squeeze Punch for the flower petals and leaves (heart cut in half
- Woodware Small Square for my sentiment
- Large Scalloped Circle Punch
- Papers: K & Co Blue Awning & Basic Grey Perhaps
- Alphabet: Basic Grey Perhaps
- Button: Basic Grey Sultry Collection
- Lace & Twine from my stash
Have a great weekend folks whatever you are doing and see you all tomorrow for the Penny Black Saturday challenge......
- Papers: Daisy Bucket
- Sentiment: Circle Sentiment Stamps from Stamps Away
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
- Papers..Chipboard Alphabet..Rub-ons and Gems are all from K & Co Blue Awning Collection.
- Ribbon: from my Stash
- Eyelets: WeR Memory Keepers
- Papers: Daisy Bucket "Perfect Harmony"
- Circle: Cut with Cricut George & Basic Shapes at 5" Silhouette
- Sentiment: American Craft Stickers & HOTP Clear Stamp Set
- Gems: Crafty Bitz
- Papers: 'Big Bloomers' Card Making Collection.
- Image Stamp & Sentiment: 'Home Sweet Home' & 'Too Tweet' Image Stamps Collection
- Flourish: HOTP Clear Stamps
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
What a co-incidence but this card also fits the new Bonus Sketch and Card Series on
Back to the crafty stuff tomorrow......kath xxxxxx