Friday, August 6, 2010

In a word.....yippeee

Morning folks....at last it's Friday..it's been a week of scoring-folding-cutting-sticking-stamping and inking and I'm not complaining because I have the bestest job in the world playing with crafty stuff all day but just once in a while I get the urge to kick up my heels and spend some time with my lovely crafty buddies...one of life's simple pleasures that money can't buy.  A 20 minute drive....the car knows the way and will be on automatic pilot while I sit and admire the gorgeous scenery....no prizes for guessing.....yes I am off to
ALFORD
to spend the day at my favourite crafty haunt with the sweetest girls
Jacqui and Anne at
but the icing on the cake....my bestest Fiskars Buddy Ann and her hubby Stewart are coming too....it's going to be a great day of crafty hugs... lunch....laughter and crafty chat and a chance for Ann to finally set foot in the hallowed space of Simply Create....am so looking forward to meeting up again.
Ann and I first met many moons ago at a Fiskars Recruitment Day in Newcastle....I can remember feeling a bit apprehensive about what the day had in store until I heard a welcome Scottish accent and made a beeline towards it's owner...she is now a very dear friend and has a very special place in my heart.   We don't see each other very often....the occasional training day or when I am working at the SECC but in those situations there's not a lot of time for catching up.....so Jacqui and Anne beware....you will be lucky to get a word in and no doubt I will be sharing all the news about my fabulous day out with you all later.
And you know I think I may be missing a trick here....lots of folks comment here that they would love to come visit Simply Create but live too far away....well do you think that Willie Walsh might just be willing to give you all cheapy seats on the morning BA flight to Aberdeen.....well he is rather desperate at the moment to get bums on seats...where I would be waiting in my cute chauffeur's uniform to transport you in style to Simply Create for a fun filled days shopping.....what do you think Jacqui.......Simply Create Tours in conjunction with British Airways and Kath's Limos.   Just a thought!!
And just time for a little sneaky peek before we head off for our morning stroll and then I jump in the jalopy and hit the road.....

Catch up with you all tomorrow for another fabby challenge over at Penny Black Saturday.
Hugs Kath xxx

19 comments:

  1. Have a lovely day. enjoy the chats and cakes and tea and tell us all about it! We are all such a nosy lot - we want to know everything! Ha, ha...
    Hugs,
    Cardarian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a fab day, sounds really good fun. Look forward to reading your posts when I come back from the isle of wight. Im taking my card stitching with so not totally out of the loop. Take Care
    Love Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you will have such fun, enjoy you day of fun, friends and visiting hallowed space. Can I please put my name forward for the VIP chauffeured tour to Simply Create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great day & you know, you could be on to something with the day trips! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time and another vote for the day trips ;0)

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a few hours to go before we meet up for lots of hugs, chat and laughs (TLs at the ready???)

    Can't wait!!!!

    In case you are all thinking what a wonderful husband to have, interested in crafting too - don't you believe it, he's only the driver! He is otherwise rather wonderful though.
    Ann
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it is going to be a fun day. Seems like one beautiful furry baby will not be going with you. Hugs to Buddy and have a wonderful day. Hugs Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  8. What are you like! You forgot bed & breakfast Kath! I know you will have a lovely day, enjoy! nnalorac.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a lovely day today, maybe I might take you up on the trip up there, someday, sounds like heaven.

    Postie just been with the ribbons, thanks very much I'm sure they will come in useful, if only i could get out of Christmas mode.LOL

    Big Hugs Carol xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopeyou have a fantastic day. Can't wait for you to start up Kaths Limos - I,m first in line, please, lol. Make sure you come back tomorrow with all the gossipfrom the day
    Hugs
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great time! You make me wish I was there with you, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kath

    Hope you had a fabulous day with your dear friends - can't wait to read all about it tomorrow. I know I don't comment every day, but I do read your blog every day without fail - I love your witty banter you always make me laugh - so thanks for that - and of course your creations are fantastic and I always love them.

    Gosh my hormones must be raging I'm getting all sentimental.......!!!! But a bit of bloggy love does no harm to anyone!

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kath

    Hope ypu had a wonderful and fun day with your crafting buddies!

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment about my son, he was chuffed to bits with all the love my online crafty buddies showed him ;-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a wonderfully fun day, Kath! I didn't really need to say that because I know you will! Love the sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a great day Kath - wish I was there!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like your going to have a day full of fun and laughter. Have a great day.HugsxxChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kath, I just know you had a fun filled day! It is always a good day when you can get together with friends, especially doing something you love to do. I really was happy you put a picture of Simply Create up. Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well Kath a good time was had by all eh??? Yes doing the things we love ---- Laughing , chatting , drinking coffee , doing lunch and eating cup cakes ---mmmmm what did I forget ?? oh yes shopping !!! Oh dear we didn't leave any time to craft -ooops!!!
    Tempus Fugit when your having fun as they say. It was so nice to meet Ann and Stewart (what a star he was leaving us girlies doing our thing - mind you Alford golf course is quite good he he )look forward to Ann's next visit.
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. hope you had a fab day Kath - sorry I was too busy with lst minute holiday stuff to make it out too
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete