Thursday, September 2, 2010

Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge

Morning folks...summer seems to have disappeared again here....now there's a surprise but the good thing was it kept me in the cubbyhole yesterday and I managed to get lots of stuff done including a little something for this week's challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show which is.....

SHOW YOUR LAYERS

and I had great fun making yet another wall hanging thingy for the cubbyhole using fabulous products from 2 giants in the craft industry....Tim Holtz and Hero Arts....and don't they go well together...a marriage made in heaven

MME - Chipboard Book Cover
Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby Papers
Grunge Alphabet
Tissue Tape
Adage Tickets
Distress Inks..Brushed Corduroy & Aged Mahogany
Hero Arts: Antique Engravings
Music Background Cling
Twill Ribbon & Lace
Pearls from Hobby House

And what's on the list to do today......well to be honest I am stressed just thinking about it before I have even left the house.....some cards to post and what used to be a quick a "stick on a stamp" and "pop in the postbox" job on the way to our morning stroll...now involves a drive to the Post Office...standing in a mile long queue of folks either renewing their road tax which seems to take an age or like me they are checking whether their mail will fit through the slot....can never bring myself to chance it just in case the recipients end up having to fork out the excess plus the exorbitant £1 handling charge and in this modern world we live in....this is called progress.
Then it's off to get a passport photo....oh yes one of those beauties that make me look like a deranged desperado who has escaped from the nearest old folks home....wonder if they do airbrushing...then home for a cuppa and a comfy chair before I tackle filling out the application form....well it's a government department so it's guaranteed to be a nightmare...and shock horror...the crafty piggy bank will be relieved of £70 just to renew a passport....daylight bliddy robbery if you ask me....think how much crafty stash that would buy.....I feel a lie down in a darkened room coming on.
But all is not lost I am meeting up with some old ceramic chums for lunch and I do love these girly chatty lunches which last until about 4pm.....well we have lot of news to catch up on....but must dash and get those pesky little jobs out of the way first....before it's time to get all scrubbed up for my afternoon out.....catch up with you all tomorrow for some sneaky peeks.                  
Hugs Kath xxx

28 comments:

  1. Hi ya Kath
    lol great post made me chuckle, gorgeous creation, beautifl butterfly,I know what you mean about the cards, i have started printing my own postage out, do it from royal mail website, just weigh buy n print, save all that queing, doesnt help the little post office though!!!
    Have a lovely lunch, no smiling for the foto, they make everyone look dreadful! lol. Have great day, sue,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing...
    I love butterflies.
    Hugs from Poland.
    Ania

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Love anything with rulers. So happy you're playing along with the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layering. Hope the passport photo isn't too bad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kath, you're right a match made in heaven! I thought I was the only one who thought about what they could buy when the fork out money. Just paid the tv license, wouldn't that have bought lots! Enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of lovely layers Kath. NB When filling out your passport form use a ballpoint (bic type) pen with balck ink or it will be rejected. never mind that fine line felt tip pen stands out better, its got to be ballpoint for some reason. Have fun and don't smile in th photo...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kath, gorgeous card Kath, you used very nice colours.
    Have a nice day, Ageeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Kath, it's gorgeous:)
    Don't forget so show yer ears in the pic lol
    Enjoy your day out too
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card kath.love the butterflies and beautiful colours.
    good luck with all your chores today :)

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh,Kath!
    This card is absolutely stunning!
    I love everything about it!
    Hugs!
    Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Card Kath the colours are all so bonny, love the shape of your card . The butterflies are so versatile too they can be used for any occasion. Aud xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kath, it's just gorgeous, i mean really lovely and oh so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kath a match made in heaven. I simply adore the colours and everything about this card. A stunning piece. I had to have a chuckle reading your post. Hope you have had a brill lunch and catch up with your friends. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow Kath this is beautifull, I in to the hanging thingys too, but always seen to end up giving them as gifts.
    Did you know that if you buy large letter stamps you are usually covered and did you also know you can buy packs from Costco cheaper. Hope this helps.

    Big Hugs Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this creation Kath, it's so gorgeous. All the elements are beautiful, especially the butterflies.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kath...Lovin' your PINKOLISCIOUS cubbyhole thingy....it's gorgeous!!

    thanks bunches for playin' along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, adorable card Kath, just stunning!!! I hate that handling charge, it's terrible, the postage confuses me, I take everything to the post office now just to be sure!! Hope you had a lovely lunch.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful sentiment! I like the colors, music notes and ruler too! (Also, CUTE DOG!!!)

    :)

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kath, this latest make is stunning, but then I am in awe of all your makes. And, we are going to be teamies twice over, can't wait to get started.

    Liz x
    PS I got the email but then when I saw the list of names I wasn't there and so checked the email again...d'uh forgot I am Elizabeth! My only excuse is that I was really, really excited.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stunning - love the colours too. See you Saturday for some more fun .

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty! Such a lovely collage Kath, wonderful color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hiyah kath!! wow, £70?!!! that is definately daylight robbery!! i love your layered card, it looks awesome hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh Kath. It's absolutely gorgeous! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is just gorgeous Kath
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, that is absolutely beautiful, love everything about it!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my Kath...this is just chock full of yummy goodness. Love all the details!!!!! Stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. your art work is stunning,
    I love everything about it,
    well done you,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card, as always, Kath. You can buy a 'Pricing In Proportion' ruler to check sizes and thicknesses of cards/packets. It's the same sort of thing (but neater size to stick in a drawer!) as they have in Post Offices but does save the dreaded queues. I got mine online, but later saw them in Staples near the parcel packing stuff at a much better price - £3.99 rings a bell. I flipping paid about £8.50 for the one I bought online and it still grieves me :)

    Di
    x

    ReplyDelete