Thursday, June 9, 2011

Less Is More Challenge...Week 18

Morning folks...I'm tuckered out from the mega Spring Clean in the cubbyhole...one of those jobs that you wish you'd never started but once it's done you're glad you did..but why do us crafters feel such a need to hoard stuff.. .just wish that I could flick the "tidy everything in sight" button to OFF sometimes.....it seems to be permanently stuck at OFF when it comes to spring cleaning the rest of the house....sound familiar.
Mr Mojo and I have come to a little arrangement....if I could have just one more play...yes the chance to join in one more challenge...I promised I would put my crafty hat on and get stuck into worky stuff today so time to join in the fun over at LESS IS MORE....and this week is all about....
MONOCHROME
 shades of brown...clean and simple


Papers: Tim Holtz Kraft Resist Pad
Dies: Magnolia....DooHickey Doily Flowers & Bon Voyage Foliage
Tim Holtz Distress Ink...Brushed Corduroy & Walnut Stain
Brad: American Crafts
Image: Paperartsy...Words 4

What I initally thought was going to be a quick churn it out card turned into a die cutting nightmare.....I fell in love with this Doohickey Doily Flower Die the minute I saw it and it just had to come and take up residence in the cubbyhole...don't know if I am quite so enamoured with it now. What a faffing around to get it to die cut properly...I am waiting for the Wafer Thin Adapter arriving for the Vagabond and fingers crossed that may solve the problem...but what a TO DO trying out various shims before I could get it to cut cleanly with the Cuttlebug or The Big Shot.....where am I going wrong...do you have any magic tips and tricks you can pass on...I am so not into faffing.
Well a deal's a deal....so Hi Ho.. Hi Ho....it's off to work I go. Catch up with you all tomorrow for some sneaky peeks of more Altered Art....yes me having fun with paint again.
Hugs Kath xxx