Sunday, August 7, 2011

Definitely not slacking....

Morning folks...contrary to what The Furry Boy has been telling you I have definitely not been slacking...neither have I been sitting stuffing my face with goodies...well not all the time...crikey what's the world coming to if you can't have a treat or two on your holidays.
And talking of holidays...I am off on a jolly tomorrow with a very special little fella...we have a bright and early start so he is coming for a sleep over tonight....woohooo I think it may be an evening of snuggled up in our jammies with a DVD...ice cream and popcorn.
In the meantime here are the last minute cards from last week...for another special fella...my great nephew who will be 5 soon....crikey where does time go...it just seems like yesterday he was born....
 and in a week and a bit he'll be off to school...
and how different are things nowadays...there's all this phasing in gradually nonsense that has Mums running around like headless chickens...a desk planner in one hand and their degree in logistics in the other.  Funny how memories stick in your mind...I can recall my first day at school as though it were yesterday...no pre-school nurseries in those days so it was a bit of a culture shock to be marched in...plonked at a desk and abandoned to the mercies of what I thought at the time must be the oldest woman on the planet who bore an uncanny resemblance to a witch...minus the nasal warts...Miss Campbell as I recall.  A right old tartar who took no prisoners and showed off her prowess with the belt on the very first day...now this was way before the word tantrum and naughty step jumped into the dictionary and did it leave me traumatised and in need of counselling...NOT A BIT...it was a sharp lesson that if you don't behave...there are consequences.  Thankfully those days are gone but hey perhaps we've gone too much the other way.
Time for us to set off on one of The Furry Boy's marathon walks and NO I will not be rampaging through the undergrowth in pursuit of any animals with cute cotton wool tails.
Catch up with you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx
Edited to add: pop back at 9.30pm when I will be announcing
 my Ribbon Girl Birthday Blog Hop WINNER.