Friday, August 12, 2011

It's Friday

Morning everyone...it's Friday...the day of the week when all you folks who do the 9 to 5 routine start looking forward to your chill out...do your own thing weekend.  I remember it so well but now one day is pretty much the same as the next in the cubbyhole....no daily commute...no clock watching and if truth be told unless I look at the calendar I would be hard pushed to tell you what day of the week it is...or is that just the old age...memory thing.
Before I share my play day creations from yesterday....the winner of the Shadow Box Kit chosen at random is...
my lovely buddy 
IT WILL BE ON IT'S WAY SOON...ENJOY
The weather's been absolute crap...torrential rain for days on end means that even The Furry Boy wasn't too keen on venturing out and Mr Mojo had done a runner...so why did he come back full of ideas yesterday when the sun decided to put in an appearance.  Us crafters have to grab the inspiration when we can so we had a day in the cubbyhole playing with the new Hero Arts Christmas stamps...no specific project in mind and no deadlines to think about...just making cards for fun and filling up the Christmas Box.  I'm loving this dark starry sky look...using the Black Soot Distress Ink Pad...

I love creating emboss resist backgrounds using Distress Inks and the blending tool and after watching Tim's video on Distress Stains I thought I would have a little experiment...would I get the same effect using Distress Stains...
 Distress Ink...Weathered Wood
 Distress Stain...Weathered Wood
both misted with water
it's all about personal taste...I prefer the soft blending of the Distress Ink but if you struggle with that...give the Distress Inks a try...quick and easy...it's done in a tick.  No playtime this morning...I'm off to deliver the class samples to The Papeterie and hopefully manage to cadge a cuppa with the lovely Charlotte and Rachel but first I need to store these away....
Are you putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5...let me assure you I am not expecting a personal happy event...well I hope not...that would be a miracle of epic proportions...bordering on the Immaculate Conception....I've been stocking up on a cubbyhole essential..stamp clean up baby wipes from Tesco on their BUY ONE GET ONE FREE OFFER.  Catch up with you all tomorrow over at Penny Black Saturday for another fab challenge.
Hugs Kath xxx