Monday, April 16, 2012

Paperartsy Fun...

Morning folks..before you can blink it's Monday again...where did the weekend go...I was at The Papeterie on Saturday for a Paperartsy Extravaganza...thanks to all the lovely crafty girls who came along to join in the "Painting and Stamping Paperartsy style Make & Takes" in the morning...we had great fun playing with lots of different techniques including stamping with paint and bubble wrap...we did end up with rather mucky paws but after a dunk in a sink of warm soapy water we were all fit to be seen out in public again and enjoy a cuppa and the yummy cake that Paula kindly brought along...it was absolutely delicious.

And here's what we made...



and wohoo some exciting news...I'm footloose and fancy free for the next 2 weeks...nothing on the crafty calendar...no deadlines...no workshop prep so a chance to catch up with long neglected friends...don my lady who lunches hat perhaps and if the weather improves...get some work done in the garden but you know me I can't stay out of the cubbyhole for too long so I may be found over at Timmie's Creative Chemistry 101 Online Class playing catch up. I'll be back tomorrow to share the project we made at the Paperartsy workshop on Saturday afternoon....another painty "mucky hands" session.
And on Sunday...a slight change of plan...I decided to take off and spend the day with my gorgeous grandkids...Brodie suggested that we have an afternoon crafting with his Pirates Of The Caribbean Craft Set and you know me...never one to turn down a chance to have some stamping fun but the conversation soon turned to more serious matters...
Brodie:  Grandma..I'm thinking of starting a craft club but I don't have a lot of stuff...do you want to come?
Oliver:  No it's for boys and Grandma's a girl
Brodie: We need Grandma to come...she's got lots of stuff
and I have to award him 10 out 10 for ingenuity and making me giggle but perhaps only 2 out of 10 for sublety....out of the mouths of babes.