Monday, October 22, 2012

Pop-up cards...

Hi folks...standards have been slipping recently...if you pop over on a regular basis you'll know that I have a bit of an obsession with neat and tidy...a place for everything and everything in it's place but with all the playing that's been going on...the cubbyhole's looking like a tip...stuff strewn everywhere...time to get back on track starting with last week's undecorated pop-up cards...time to practice what I preach...bite the bullet and tick another job off the crafty list...




but I opened up a whole other can of worms when I went in search of Christmas bits and pieces and I know this will probably sound familiar to most of you...what a revelation...stuff I can't even remember buying...stuff that I spent hours looking for last Christmas...stuff that I wouldn't use in the month of Sundays and what started out as a couple of "quick...stick on a few embellishments" projects turned into one of those "takes all day" ruthless clear-outs...all my serial hoarder "might just come in handy" bits and pieces are now tucked up in a box awaiting collection by the crafty grandkiddies.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous...love the bright, fun colours and jewels! Off to google how to make them "pop up". Love the look of that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow two great cards. Love the pop up idea
    Hugs Sinikka

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous. I love the colours and the designs are fantastic. I love the pop up's. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...gorgeous makes Kath, loVing these two beauties, especially loVe the papers used on the Holly one, it has a wonderful yesteryear feel...Melxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two Beautiful festive cards Kath, Love those papers.. You have inspired me to have a go at a pop up card... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Kath, gorgeous cards hun :) Can I ask are the ticket stumps plain die cuts that you have stamped or did you purchase them like that? they are gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the pop up card bases. And I really like the cards.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these, so different and glad you had a good clearout, makes you feel good doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great cards. Hope you and Buddy have a great day. Hugs anesha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kath, I did have to laugh, I could have written your blog post today myself - what is it about us crafters - we all seem to have the same characteristics - hoarding, forgetting what we have, parcelling thing up for the Grandkids......so funny. Love the cards today, the holly one is especially beautiful and really love the pop-up element. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great 3d cards Kath loving the holly papers. Have fun crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great creations Kath, lovely to give bits and pieces away to grand kids. Have a fab day. Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pop up cards Kath. I love the design and fab colours.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous pop up cards Kath, getting a real Christmassy feel just looking at them.
    crafty hugs
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. The grandkiddies will think it's Christmas!! I know - those finishing off elves can sometimes really be annoying.......as for tidy up......I even had to skip the vacuuming as there was too much on the floor for the project in hand. Looks like you had fun with those pop-ups.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous set of cards Kath, love the pop out feature. Gorgeous papers and colours hugs Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabby pop up cards Kath. Look too difficult for me though!

    I know what you mean about lost stuff, stuff you don't remember buying etc. I've been searching for snowflake charms I know I have!! I've given up and may buy more or maybe not!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kath,two gorgeous cards, I wouldn't like to choose a favourite. Love the reds, it just says christmas I think. I sure hope that doesn't mean we will get snow at the weekend....Trish

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely festive cards. Love the pop up but no idea how you have acheived it. Is it a die you have used? Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow these are all so fabulous!! :)

    Hugs,
    xx Tracey xx
    ♥My Blog♥

    ReplyDelete