Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Stenciled Class Homework...

Hi folks... I signed up for the Online Stencil Class with Jennifer..Kristina...Laura...Julie...Debby and Shari totally forgetting that it went live last Friday...the day I was on the train heading for Leeds so I've got 4 days homework to catch up on and with the DIY stuff  and the Fiskars samples taking over my life at the moment...it's going to be a bit of a "sneak in a little play when I can" exercise.
inking with a stencil...pretty straight forward when you're mega addicted to Distress Inks and the fabulous stencils from a certain Mr Holtz...
spritzing through a stencil...not so easy peasy...well not for me anyway...I seem to get the ink everywhere and believe me the waste paper bin was full to brimming with my "OMG that's just awful" attempts...this was try number 1,042 (slightly exaggerating perhaps)...the best of a bad bunch

practice makes perfect perhaps but I have enough DIY painting on my plate at the moment without having to redecorate the splattered walls of the cubbyhole...thank you very much.
I have to say a huge thank you to my knight in shining armour...my lovely Papeterie buddy Pearl was rather worried about this little old woman...her words not mine...attempting the skyscraper cutting in so she asked her lovely hubby Keith (painter & decorator extraordanaire) to help out...blimey 10 minutes...job done...thanks a million Keith xxx
See you all tomorrow to share this month's Timmie Tag
Hugs Kath xxx

22 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Kath, love the turquoise one. I've just been stenciling as well. Not tried spritzing, something to try tomorrow. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spraying scares me, too, Kath, but I love how this one turned out! Hope you'll find time to play with this class again soon - I love to see your interpretations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous results! Love the colors and all the details that you added, Kath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done my homework from the class either. Good for you for at least getting started! Maybe seeing your great projects will spur me on... I love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kath glad you got your decorating sorted out, everyone to their own. Yours is certainly giving us your fab works of art today, the colours are beautiful on both. Looks really good. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad Pearl's hubby was able to help you Kath, I was a tad worried about you balancing at the top of a ladder - and your speaky peeks look lovely! mary x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are both just gorgeous Kath! I love the colours and the designs are fab! I must try stencilling one of these days...
    Glad you found a minion... erm, I mean knight, to do the more dangerous bits of painting for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Kath, don't know if I could trust myself to try the spritzing, might have to get your painter's phone number! Have a great day Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous makes, love the colours and fab stencilling

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you got someone in to do the 'scaffold' painting, I can stop worrying about you now! I really loved the class (I adore Jennifer and Shari's work and I cannot believe how reasonable these classes are) and your results are beautiful Kath, just beautiful! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning cards Cath. I signed up to this class but haven't started watching yet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was worth the all the attempts - these are gorgeous - so pretty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are such beautiful cards and I love the sentiment.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are beautiful Kath - really lovely ideas - - looking forward to seeing your tim tag - i just ordered some stuff for it so it won't happen for a while yet - lol! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank goodness you're safe from those heights.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great to see someone else is having to play catch up with this stencilling class! LOVE both of these Kath. Take care with all that decorating/DIY. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your stencil cards. I think your sprayed one came out so pretty. I loved the class and learned a lot from it since I had never done stencils before. How wonderful of your friends hubby to cut in for you. Great friends are worth their weight in gold.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They're gorgeous - especially love the second one!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous work Kath, Love the design & great colours...Beautiful...so glad your friends hubby came to the rescue...job done!!! Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kath, lovely of Pearl to ask hubby to help you out, I wouldn't have wanted to see you up to your neck in plaster at one of your Papeterie classes. Mind you I wouldn't have been surprised if you had managed to do it on your own, once you make up your mind to do something you do it! Love the colours on your cards, the stencilling looks great...Trish

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simply beautiful Kath.Just getting into stencilling and love it.Hugs x

    ReplyDelete