Saturday, August 16, 2014

"12 Tags of 2014"...August

Hi folks...it's hard to believe that we're more than halfway through August already and this is the 8th tag of 2014...

and it's a sobering thought to think that in a blink of an eye...Christmas will be here. I loved the techniques Tim used for this month's tag but went for an entirely different colour palette...Festive Berries...Peeled Paint and Wild Honey to create a Christmas version...any excuse to use the fabulous new Christmas Blueprint and Handwritten Holidays stamps
I don't have Ranger's Texture Paste yet so I used Wendy Vecchi's Embossing Paste which seemed to work OK with the Distress Stains and I couldn't resist colouring the holly berries with a Distress Marker and giving them a Glossy Accent overcoat...
I love how the Remnant Rub on the Vial Label just pops out at you..I machine stitched the Vial Label but obviously the sewing machine wasn't going to take kindly to metal...so I hand stitched the Word Band...
and used a little Peeled Paint Distress Embossing Powder for the rusty look...I bought sets of the embossing powders years ago in a job lot from QVC and have to admit to not using them much so thank you Tim for revisiting older products and encouraging us hoarders to use them.
The Furry Boy will be joining you tomorrow with his take on recent events
Hugs Kath xxx