Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Happy Thankful Days...

Hi folks...I'm happy happy to report that the Furry Boy is home again after yesterday's trip to the vet...surgery was successful and the lump removed with good clear margins...we still have to wait for the histology report and worst case scenario...another nasty and the chance of recurrence meaning we have to be vigilant...early removal is key but hey we'll deal with that head on if and when.
In the meantime His Nibs has got his grumpy face on...not entirely happy that he's on a light diet for the next few days and gentle "on the lead" strolls are the order of the day for the next 2 weeks until he gets the stitches out and not impressed either by the arrival of new neckwear...
I think it's a big improvement on the hard plastic lampshade alternative and of course I've got damage limitation in mind...the walls doors and back of my legs will now be safe from the rampaging hooligan but I don't have to wear this snug fitting donut for the next 14 days...so what do I know.
Can I just say once again a huge thank you for all your good wishes and support through what has been a difficult week...it means a lot to me to know that you were thinking of us and in the light of the recent news of the sad death of Robin Williams...a man who brought joy and laughter to millions of people throughout his career but tragically struggled to find peace in his personal life...why in the 21st century is there so little understanding and still a stigma about mental illness of any form. I feel humbled that I am lucky enough to work in an industry which is all about sharing and friendships...lots of folks have told me over the years that crafting has been a lifeline for them bringing them back from the brink of despair and depression...if crafting helps just one person through difficult times...that makes me very happy.
It's back to the crafty list today..the production crew are a man down but no doubt he'll be joining us in the cubbyhole and treating us to his "decibel busting snoring" company...happy days indeed.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx