Thursday, August 21, 2014

In For A Penny...

Hi folks...they do say when you're in deep doo dah...it's best to come clean...an "in for a penny...in for a pound" confession of all outstanding misdemeanours so they can be taken into account before the jury declares it's verdict...will I be sent down or will the usual "I suffer from a terrible addiction" mitigating circumstances still wash.
I have to admit I have overstepped the mark on this occasion...there's been a definite blip in the "must-have" brain wiring...what on earth came over me...why did I feel I had to have this particular bundle of goodies right now...tout suite...immediately...
a Mask Storage Unit...when they're perfectly happy snuggled up in a box...
 a Pallet Art Shelf Kit when I'm running out of cubbyhole wall space...
 and not one but 2 Pallet Art Set Kits...
which all require putting together before they can be decorated. Now my friends will tell you that this will be a huge logistical challenge for this dopey old crafter who's well known for charging in like a bull in a china shop and only feels the need to consult the instructions when it all goes pear shaped and considering the top of the list items for decoration...the Idea-Ology Bits and Pieces Storage Units from the MDF Man at The NEC way back in March are still sitting nude and undecorated...
there's very little chance of the new boys coming out to play anytime soon...more than likely they'll be consigned to that box...you know the one...the "crikey I'd forgotten all about them" box. But am I suitably chastened...have I learnt my lesson...for the benefit of the judge and jury...that's "definitely M'Lord" but just between us...now that the slate's been wiped clean...probably not.
And I had to have a little giggle at some of your comments and e-mails about my current dilemma...I've been teasing you with my tongue in cheek humour...Old Mother Hubbard's cupboards aren't bare just yet and I'm not heading for the workhouse anytime soon but what's wrong with bread and water anyway...my new culinary addiction...sliced Tiger Bread from Aldi spread with lashing of home made strawberry jam...
proper "real" bread bringing back childhood memories of cycling off to the horses after school...steering with one hand and the biggest jammiest piece ever in the other...tasting a whole load better than the mass produced "mouth full of cotton wool" "crusts removed" rubbish of today.
And if you're still with me...today's the Furry Boy's big day...stitches removed and dreaded lampshade back into storage....yippee.
See you all tomorrow in "The Potting Shed"
Hugs Kath xxx