Monday, August 11, 2014

It's going to be a LONG DAY...

Hi folks...crikey it looks like Hurricane Bertha has landed...it's been blowing a hooley out there...rain like stair rods...more like Winter than Summer and just to add to my gloomy mood...I'll be dropping His Furriness off for his surgery this morning. It's going to be a LONG DAY..why does time fly when you're having fun and vice versa when you're anxiously waiting for news. Not sure if I'll be able to concentrate on much of anything in the crafting department today...I won't be out in the garden that's for sure so armed with a bucket of hot soapy water and rubber gloves...I'll be doing battle with the kitchen cupboards and the oven. Meanwhile I'm sharing Saturday's "take my mind off things" task...the "not looking so cheap as chips now" journal...
I coloured the light areas of the butterflies on the back side of the vellum with a Ranger Inkssentials White Opague Pen...hand stitched the vellum on to the front cover and cut out the large butterfly from the matching Wallflower Paper Stash Pad.
 added Kraft Card inserts and a bit of stamping with Hero Arts Stamp Your Story "Time"
adding Remnant Rubs...Tissue Tape...Industrious and Chit Chat Stickers...



 sharing a fun way of altering patterned vellum...
I painted Picket Fence Distress Paint onto the back of the leaf stem and Peeled Paint on the large leaves...it's an easy way of highlighting and colouring patterned vellum without losing any of the gorgeous detail on the front.
I'm really happy with how this turned out and can't wait to transform Album No 2 but it won't be today...toodle-oo for now from this anxious...pacing the floor and climbing the walls Momma...I'll be back tomorrow with news of the patient
Hugs Kath xxx