Thursday, August 28, 2014

It's not all good news...

Hi folks...the old British weather never fails to amaze...Summer returned to Bonnie Scotland this week and we've been enjoying alfresco breakfasts again...
well I should say I am...while the Furry Boy looks on in anticipation...what doesn't he understand about the word DIET...absolutely no sneaky treats allowed and it's been great to be out and about without the need for the "Nanook Of The North jacket" again...
but sure as fate it all changed within 24 hours and we're back to the cold miserable rain like stair rods stuff again. Just when I thought I'd managed to keep my head down...duck under the radar so to speak...I was nominated for the Ice Bucket Challenge. After lots of "Will I-Won't I" I've decided to opt out of the challenge but the cubbyhole crew have donated to...
and my friend Louise's Clan Landmark Walk Justgiving Page...
call me chicken...wimp...party pooper...whatever...when you live in the frozen north...it could mean hypothermia...pneumonia and at my age...possible cardiac arrest and hey I'm far too busy to spend a week in intensive care. Joking aside...I've never been a follow the flock person...am way too long in the tooth now to bow to peer pressure and at the end of the day what's more important...making a difference to peoples' lives with a donation or boring your fellow Facebookers to tears with yet another squealing crafter being drenched in what to lots of people in the world is a very precious commodity...we all take having clean running water on tap for granted and it's easy to be wasteful when you don't have to walk half a day to fill your bucket. After 3 very wet "chucking it down with rain" doggy strolls yesterday...returning home with water running out the ar*e of my breeks...3 hot showers and 3 changes of clothes later...I think I've more than qualified with my personal "Heavens Opened Soaked Right Through" Challenge.
And hey...it's Friday...time to unlock the shackles...escape from the cubbyhole and take off for a "kicking up my heels" day with the Friday Girls...probably dancing in the rain if the weather forecast is anything to go by.
Enjoy your day whatever you've got planned
Hugs Kath xxx