Saturday, August 9, 2014

Well I Never...

Hi folks...Saturday's when I'm at home are normally no crafting days...very rarely do I venture into the cubbyhole...well not unless my back's up against the wall with work deadlines...BUT I'm trying to keep myself busy at the moment and not think too much about Tuesday so I decided to have a play with what I thought was just plain old hardboard albums that I found hiding in the 50% off Sale Bin at The Papeterie...
well I never...what a surprise when I opened the packs to find that they have the most gorgeous pearlised resist finish on each of the 4 pages...ideal for a bit of Distress Inking...
I started to colour them with an ink blending tool but crikey it was going to take forever to do 4 pages back and front so throwing caution to the wind I dragged the Stormy Sky ink pad across the surface until I had almost complete coverage but me didn't likey...it was just too in your face BLUE...
I was happier when I repeated the process with Antique Linen and wow the pattern is really beginning to pop now...
so in for a penny...in for a pound...I applied a touch of Gathered Twigs and amazingly the darker you go...the more the pattern jumps out at you...
as you can see from the much bolder album on the right which was inked with a very juicy Gathered Twigs ink pad and a gentle tap here and there of Stormy Sky...
I was really happy with how they turned out but struggling to come up with ideas on decoration...yes Mr Mojo is still playing silly beggars...that is until I remembered the latest arrival in the cubbyhole..the gorgeous Wallflower Vellum Pad...you can get it HERE and suddenly we're off and running...the cubbyhole is rocking...hit by a lightning bolt of vellum inspiration.
Enjoy your weekend whatever you've got planned and I'll be back tomorrow to share another completed project...the Scrapberry's Idea-ology Collection Folio.
Hugs Kath xxx