Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah or maybe not...

Hi folks...the cubbyhole crew were feeling decidedly zip-a-dee-doo dah yesterday...rather smug and pleased with ourselves in fact...with Kath's Klub to prep for Saturday...the Retreat only 4 weeks away and the Workshop Project for The NEC required tout suite for advertising and promotional purposes...were we going to fail miserably...had we bitten off more than we could chew this time...apparently not...we had a real wham bam...thank you Ma'am Mr Mojo pulled out all the stops kind of a day.
Kath's Klub is sorted...
the projects for The Retreat are nearly there and woohoo the Fiskars Workshop Project is in the bag...approved and all ready for kitting...a "sticking my neck out again" little sneaky peek...
BUT you know me...this crafty old girl never does things by halves so there was bound to be a great big BUT. I decided to use extra thick corrugated card to demonstrate the cutting power of the Procision trimmer...not the bog standard manufactured sheets of A4 stuff either...Mrs Living Dangerously had to have the proper packing box industrial type corrugated card...perfect for a bit of ripping and distressing so was I chuffed when I managed to get a pile of said boxes from The Papeterie..
however the euphoria was short lived...I'm not feeling so zip-a-dee-doo dah now...I omitted to take into account that SOMEONE and guess who that will be...has been allocated the task of chopping them up into 280 pieces...forgive the pun but it seems I've made another cut off my nose to spite my face decision.
And today...I'm on a mission to paint 50 sheets of chipboard but you know what they say...when the going gets tough..the tough get going so I'll be whistling while I work and treating the cubbyhole crew to a sing-a-long medley of...
"Oh Happy Day"
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx