Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Deck The Halls...

Hi folks...with Christmas just over 2 weeks away...I'm beginning to get in the mood to...
Deck the halls with boughs of holly
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Tis the season to be jolly
Fa la la la la, la la la la
I've always wanted a smaller tree to sit in the hall...a nice welcome for Christmas visitors but I never got further than thinking about it so when an e-mail arrived from Balsam Hill asking if they could send me one of their trees to product review...I thought all my Christmasses had come at once...I popped over to their website for a nosey and couldn't believe the huge selection of beautiful realistic trees to choose from...lots at sale prices too and free UK delivery...the first choice of Jonathan Ross...Leona Lewis and Aled Jones for Celebrity Sets and Events so I was super excited that one would be arriving to decorate our humble abode.
The Berkshire Mountain Fir arrived safely snuggled up in a sturdy box...
but you know me...always one to rush in where angels fear to tread...so how easy would it be to construct...
even this numptie couldn't get it wrong...Balsam Hill have thought of everything...the sections are numbered and there are comprehensive instructions with step-by-step pictures to follow...protective gloves which this seasoned old battle scarred crafter didn't require...
and it's very own cosy "with easy carry handles" sleeping bag to nestle into when the time comes to pop back up to the loft...one less thing for Mr Bah Humbug to grumph about...
time for me and my "always in the thick of the action" side-kick to put it to the test...actually let's rephrase that...I'm going to be the one taking on the challenge while the Furry Boy supervises...
or loses interest and heads off for a "life of riley" snooze...
But no need for an assistant...it couldn't have been simpler..a piece of cake in fact....starting at the bottom with the stand which has non scratch rubber feet then inserting each section and fluffing the branches as you go and before His Nibs awakened from his forty winks...we had a tree...OK it required a little bit more fluffing and titivation here and there...
before fitting the lights and decorations and voila...job done...
a few more decorations and the hall will be suitably decked...another task is ticked off the Christmas list...
so thank you Balsam Hill...I love my beautiful realistic tree and with the addition of a few Scentsicles there's a wonderful real tree aroma when I come downstairs in the morning...
I haven't told hubby yet but he now needs to head up to the loft and find that tree skirt I bought many moons ago and manhandle this new boy's big brother through the hatch...down the step ladder and get assembling and decorating the tree in the front room while I cover my ears and head to the kitchen for a cuppa.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx