Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Farewell Old Friend...

Hi folks...bah humbug...right on cue the Christmas gremlins have taken up residence at Chez Kath again...last year my faithful old Kenwood food mixer went to appliance heaven and yesterday for no apparent reason Mr Zanussi decided to join him...the one appliance that we all take for granted...has washed rinsed and spun for the last time...
now the death of the dishwasher would be a major inconvenience but the washing machine going kaput is an absolute disaster...we all know how quickly the dirty laundry can pile up but I can't really complain...3 Zanussi washing machines in 40 odd years ain't bad going and just like the Christmas Cake recipe...I'm a stick with what you know kind of girl so time to enlist the services of Mr Google...isn't technology wonderful...ordered online at 3pm yesterday and hey presto Mr Zanussi IV will be taking up residence today between 10.00am and 10.30am...wow how's that for service with a smile from the wonderful "saving my sanity" folks at Appliance Online Dotcom. But I'll need to get acquainted with my new friend...new dials to get used to...new fangled super quick economy washes to figure out and a manual that reads like War And Peace to pore through before the washing powder and water can work their magic on my smalls. C'est la vie...as they say.
The good news is Cake No 44 came out perfect...just waiting for his marzipan and royal icing overcoat and the job's a good un she says polishing her sparkly Christmas halo...
And just when I thought I would be sharing my Grungeboard Waste Project...lo and behold...a "thought I was done with the work stuff" Fiskars project has jumped right to the top of the crafty queue..,.
so I'm back in the cubbyhole for a big girl knickers...lots of coffee and a Costco Mince Pie or two kind of a day and just when you think you've had enough bad luck for one day...this happened...
but hey life would be a tad boring if everything went to plan
See you later
Hugs Kath xxx