Friday, December 5, 2014

Totes Amazeballs...

Hi folks...I'm getting down with the kids...I have to say that expression is not normally in my vocabulary...it's urban speak apparently and now appears in the Chambers Dictionary but it's the only way I can describe an amazing new technique using Stick It...from my lovely buddy David at Craft Obsessions...crikey...good-looking and the brain of a genius...that's a rare combination in the male species...so click HERE...sit back and let the Craft Obsessions Creative Guru walk you step-by-step through how to use your favourite dies as stamps and I just had to abandon everything and have a go...
OK I will admit it is a tad fiddly getting the release paper off but hey this old crafter has been around the block more times than I care to remember and I quite enjoy putting on my "patience of a saint" and "skill of a brain surgeon" hats from time to time.  Once I had the snowflakes well and truly stuck down...I removed the release paper and sprinkled them with clear embossing powder...heat set and then went to town with Pumice Stone Distress Ink...cool huh...

I did intend having another go but we were somewhat distracted when the postie came a-knocking first with one super duper Christmas Tree in a box which I'll be telling you all about later...
and a big fat parcel addressed to Buddy and Mum Stewart...wow oh wow a very kind and far too generous bundle of goodies from our lovely bloggy bud Lee...a beautiful apron for me...perfect for the Christmas Cook-athon...
and a cosy snuggly blanket and treats for the Furry Boy...he's got his "hurry up Mum and open the treats" face on...
thank you so much Lee...you are very kind and brought a tear to this old crafter's eye
But back to the crafty stuff and a little reminder...if you've already got Stick It in your crafty stash...it's time for you to have a play with this fabulous new technique...if not...you can head on over to Craft Obsessions and stock up HERE.  I'll see you all tomorrow to announce the winner of the Christmas Give-Away...if you haven't entered yet...you have until 8pm tonight to pop over HERE and get your name in the hat.
Hugs Kath xxx