Thursday, February 16, 2017

It's been a kick-ass week...

Hi Everyone...I've been seriously kicking ass this week and it's amazing what you can do when your back's up against the wall...who would have thought but I'm up-to-date with the list of crafty tasks and find myself with time to kill so my thoughts turn to the pile of Idea-ology goodies that need to be found a home....time to don my Mrs Organised hat. I normally keep all the Ephemera kind of stuff in this sturdy A4 box but it's becoming a bit of a hunt the thimble adventure to find what I want...take everything out...sort through and then put everything back BUT as luck would have it...
I remembered these fabulous Sizzix envelopes that I bought in a sale many moons ago and never got round to using...sound familiar and they are perfect for storing the Botanical Layers...the Paper Dolls...sheets of Quotation stickers and other Idea-ology bits and pieces...
and there were 3 left over which are perfect for the Foam stamps...don't you just love when a plan comes together...this Mrs "a place for everything and everything in it's place" is a very happy bunny...
and today's task is to sort out the hardware bits and pieces...with quite a number of years' worth of Idea-ology goodies in my collection...I suspect it's going to take a while. Time to put the kettle on...fire up the label maker and get organising...
And just when you thought I was Mrs Perfect I'm about to spectacularly burst that bubble by sharing yesterday's warts 'n all huge "whatever was I thinking" OOPS moment. On a whim I decided that my desk caddy needed a good old clean and where better than the machine that takes care of my best crockery and crystal...the dishwasher...
but when I opened said appliance I realised I'd made a BIGGA MISTAKE-A...seriously what planet am I on...MDF in a dishwasher was never going to have a happy ending and I'm now the owner of ONE battered bruised unrecognisable in a million pieces jigsaw puzzle DESK CADDY and left thinking that I'm the one who needs a kick up the ass.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx

11 comments:

  1. The pieces are probably very clean though...LOL
    These ideas always seem very logical at the time.
    Well done on your organising the box - those envelopes were the perfect solution.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Kath,
    You will have to get yourself a brand new caddy, I think Tim does a good one, lol. I remember when my Mum first got a dishwasher many years ago, she put all of her bone china tea sets and ornaments in for a clean. Not a good idea.
    Hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol put down to experience and someone said in crafting no such thing as a mistake maybe you could reuse the pieces in a piece of mixed media

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol put down to experience and someone said in crafting no such thing as a mistake maybe you could reuse the pieces in a piece of mixed media

    ReplyDelete
  5. The plastic envelopes were a great solution! I hate digging through items when a few minutes or hours time organizing, can make the task easier...Somehow it always seems to take the hours worth of time though!

    Your poor desk organizer! Could you re glue it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh what a shame we think we know best but you found out the hard way and at a cost hopefully you will replace it or find another home for the items l have one and l now know from your mistake not to do the dame as they can become pretty mucky.....l love your enevelops and your labeling too! great thinking and easy to store sending lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kath

    Done it myself - put my Papermania storage case in the washing machine and when I opened the door at the end of the cycle - bits of mountboard everywhere - not happy and obviously no good for nothing apart from the recycling bin. Loving the organizational efforts and Love, Love, Love the Tim stamps.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kath, I do love the fact that you, as a seasoned crafter, can still have a brilliant idea that backfires. Just look at it as an opportunity to decorate your daddy as you put it all back together😊. I do like those Sizzix envelopes, they are very strong aren't they. I do wish I was an organised crafter. I've ordered a new shelf unit so will now have to make an effort lol. I've had a Brother label maker on my Amazon wishlist list for yonks, so perhaps when I've put the unit together and have all my wonderful Poundland storage boxes on there I should really think about ordering it so that I actually know where everything is. Even though they're see-through I still find myself rooting through them to see just what's in each one lol.
    Have a great Friday.
    Bejay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kath, wood working playtime methinks...lol....hope you can rebuild such a lovely storage caddy......I do love the envelopes, great idea, must look out for some bargains now....enjoy your day...xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a shame about your storage caddy... that is exactly the kind of thing I would do too, but that's no consolation! You need to buy a Tim one now.... Well done finding those plastic envelopes though, everything looks beautifully neat and tidy now! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no your poor caddy! I hope you can repair it. I love being organised too and glad you were able to get some of your bits and pieces better organised.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete