Thursday, June 5, 2008

Arty Girl Challenge # 37

The challenge this week from Arty Girlz is "Paint". Before I became addicted to card and paper, I taught ceramic painting so you could say I was addicted to paint and still have hundreds of pots of acrylic paint in every colour of the spectrum and can't bear to throw them away. Here is my cheeky take on the challenge. The papers are from that fab find at Costco. The decoupage image is from "Handyman" CD from CarolAnn's Studio and the chipboard alphabets are from a huge kit I got from QVC a couple of years ago which just goes on and on. Now there has been a bit of painting going on here. The chipboards were drybrushed using a stiff bristled brush - I find you get a smoother finish than just painting with acrylic paint especially on a surface like chipboard which isn't smooth. I then spattered the whole card with watered down acrylic, loaded onto to an old toothbrush and then running your fingers over the bristles until you get the effect you want. Mind you it's a good idea to cover your work surface with newspaper as it goes everywhere and this is usually what I look like after a bit of decorating.