Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Arty Girlz Challenge # 47

The challenge this week from Arty Girlz is "No Patterned Paper" and this is right up my street...much as I love all my gorgeous papers....this takes me back to the days before we had such a great selection of crafting shops in this country and it was the done thing to create cards with stamped backgrounds. I created the background using a shadow square stamp and then punched out a square aperture and stamped through it with the text stamp. This design was inspired by my hero...Shari Carroll from Hero Arts....so I thought it only fitting to use Hero Arts Stamps.

  • Stamps: Hero Arts Geometric Square 1
  • Hero Arts Friends Background
  • Ink: Tim Holtz Distressed..Antique Linen & Peeled Paint
  • Flower: Poppicrafts
  • Buttons: from my stash
  • Quote: Brenda Pinnick Sticker

19 comments:

  1. just love it, the colours everything
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous Kath. I really love it. Is that a little charm cos if it is it is just gorgeous. Ohh you are clever xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is really awesome.
    Wonderful work. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, so clever with the aperture stamping, I love your hanging and the great life sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wunderschöne Karte, Kath!
    Toll gestaltet!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is stunning hun WTG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous again my lovely. Very clean & fresh appearance & the colours are fab.

    Lorraine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya Kath

    This is so beautiful - I love it.
    He! He! How did you guess where my "Mecca" was - a bit expensive on some items though but Oooh! ~I love looking through everything!!!!


    Dawn
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How refreshing to see something like this! Love it! and i love the quote too :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy this is excellent - very inspiring! I love all the embellies and the sentiment is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's gorgeous! Love the background and how the buttons fit in so well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. really gorgeous and lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kath, you card is fab! Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great background. I like the way you assembled all the stuff. Really beautiful card. M. Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  15. stunning piece kath love everything about it

    Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.
    crissi xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card. Love all the clean lines.

    ReplyDelete