Tuesday, August 5, 2008

DCM - New Look Little Extra

I should be WORKING today...not playing.....chasing my tail as usual...Brodie and Oliver will be here tomorrow and that's definitely a "no time to craft" day...but how could I resist the mid-week dare from DCM. The challenge this week has been set by my old mate Jozza (well let me rephrase that "my much younger than me "mate) and it is right up my street. I taught ceramics for over 10 years and acrylic paint and decorative painting was my addiction...just as papercrafting is now.
Here are the materials I used ..2 acrylic paints Black and Bluebell. The background was done with a colour wash technique - a posh term for really watered down paint - with the brush on the far left....a Fan Brush. I traced the flourish from a stamped image onto the background and then painted them in with the next brush - a fine liner....adding dots with the embossing tool...what we called a stylus tool....The flower is a chipboard shape and I masked it off with border peel offs and then sponged over with the Bluebell adding some black dots to finish.I had great fun with this but oh boy is it messy and I think I will just stick with the stamps and inks from now on.

This was just a quickie but I did enjoy it - thanks Jozza for the tutorial.......pop over for a look..it will give you lots of ideas.

10 comments:

  1. Wow Kath what a beauty!! I love what you've done with your acrylic paint :o)

    I've got one of those fan brushes somewhere from when I used to go to an acrylic painting class. Must try and find it....

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you were forced to get the old paints out again... Fab ideas & the end result is gorgeous.

    Lorraine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, Kath! I love it! You always have such original ideas! A true artist.

    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Kath, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colours!! I just might have to get my acrylics out too......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting messy is ALL the fun for me! I will be getting my paints out for a go at this one me thinks! I absolutely love your colours and the flower. I am going to use the idea of masking with peel offs! Lol Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your `Quickie` as you call it Kath..all those lovely texures make it soooo `Beautiful` as always:)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo cute; I love this!!

    So cheerful ... and fun ... I smiled just lookin' at it!

    ~Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. This beautiful Kath. I love the effect you have achieved on the background..errr think this might have given me an idea for a paper..thanks for the inspiration as always!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgous Kath, I think you have planted some inspiration coz I really cant wait to have a go myself.

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete