Friday, August 7, 2009

Polkadoodles Challenge - Week 12

Morning Folks and it's Friday already and that means time for another fabby challenge from Polkadoodles and this week we have our lovely new DT girls joining in the fun.....why don't you pop over....say hello and make them feel welcome.
The challenge this week is a sketch from our fabby boss lady...Nikky and I do love a good sketch....now I wasn't entirely sure I was going to get a card made this week......as you know I am betwixt and between craft rooms... in other words in a right old guddle....but I pulled out all the stops on Wednesday night and worked until my little eyelids wouldn't stay open any longer and it's beginning to come together and this is the very first card I made in my new cubbyhole.....me thinks I need to get out more....yikes when the most excitement in your life....well enough said....

Papers & Image: Candy Doodles CD
Flower: Freddie's Stackies
Ribbon: American Crafts
Sentiment: Hero Arts..."Hey Little Birdie" Clear Stamp Set
And talking of birdies....a little toot....have you seen this new mag.....CARDS....it's fabulous and one that you would be proud to leave lying on your coffee table....chocca full of gorgeous cards....OK a little bit pricey at £5.99 but believe me....it is jam packed with inspiration and just a couple of pages of advertising
and guess who has a card featured this month.....yes yours truly
 
and if you look closely..who am I sharing the page with ..my lovely mega talented bloggy buddy and fellow Distress Ink addict.....Kim P...believe me I couldn't have chosen a nicer lady to sit alongside and a big thank you to all those who spotted it and left me a comment to let me know....I had no idea it was in this month's issue until Carol gave me the nod....and boy did I have to hunt high and low to get a copy finally tracking the blighter down at Tesco Extra.
Oops before I forget.... we have a little treat for you today over at Polkadoodles.....our lovely Lou who is Guest Designer for August has put together a fab tutorial for the cutest little Circle Bag using this week's sketch and all in the midst of her holiday preparations...to check it out click HERE.   Well that's it for today folks...look forward to seeing what you all create for this week's challenge and will be back as usual tomorrow for another fabulous challenge on Penny Black Saturday.
Hugs Kath xxxxxx

24 comments:

  1. Kath that is one of the most scrumptious cards ever. I think you ought to submit that as your second submission to Cards. Huge congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card,Kath....love the enormous flower.You can usually get the Cards magazine in WH Smiths as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colours you chose, the birdie and of course the big flower- fab
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love the colors, the text, the bird and the Flower, I guess all! Have a nice weekend! Hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Mrs. I tell you, those colours are just awesome, and I am loving the stackies - so much so that I went over quick to get me some before I left you a comment - and they are sold out sob sob!!! Congrats on your mag commission - I will go and get the mag today!! Hope that hasn't sold out as well lol xxx Biggest hugs my crafty and talented pal xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy card!

    I haven't seen that magazine, might have to see if I can find it when I'm out shopping next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the submission to the mag too.
    You have so much talent Kath; I’m not in the least bit surprised they chose your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kath - this "last minute" card is gorgeous! Love the colors - makes me feel cooler even in 108 degrees! Also wanted to say I got the stamp (from PBSC) this week and your beautiful card - love owning a Kath original! ...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kath a really lovely card - and am going to track that mag down - looks brill! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning creation! love the big flower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card Kath,i love the papers and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My Days!!!!!!
    Your card is `stunningly beautiful`Kath...
    Yaahahahahah `Congrats` ...you are soooooooooo deserving...
    Your carft room looks like its `gorgeous`
    I soooooooo need mine decorATING NOW!!!
    HAVE A Loverly Saturday Lovely Lady :)x

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooooooooopppppppppsssssssss
    sorry about the typo`s...:)x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, Kath! Love those colours! Congrats on the pub, too! :o)

    Hugs,
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Kath and loved the article in the magazine too - Ive subscribed to it so I never miss an issue and it works out cheaper that way too! It really is a great mag and I just loved seeing you in it. Hope there's more to come.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love everything about this card, the colours, the birdie and that fabulous flower
    and hey - I'd be excited about making my first card in a new cubbyhole too, if I had one of course :( lol
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Kath, Wow! this card is absolutely fabulous and the colours are fantastic, can you tell I love it!...lol Congrats on being published in the mag, well done you!

    hugs
    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic card Kath. I so love that flower. I must look out for that magazine, it sounds good. I got lovely mag at Just Create but I can only look at the piccies cos I think it is in Dutch!! Lovely piccies tho.
    Thanks for lovely comment on my blog. I live near Ellon but actually closer to Hatton which is half way between Ellon and Peterhead. I love the sound of your dog. Wish I could train my chocolate Lab to sit on my feet in the winter!!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. methinks that you do a delightful job -- even when your eyelids are nearly closed! Congratulations of your publication. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kath, another WOW card again. so pleased you tracked down the mag. Hope more people buy it as I think it is struggling to sell(so a little bird told me)but I think it is worth the extra cost, I have been buying it from day one. Thanks for remembering me in your blog post. You are the best.

    Had a great time yesterday at the wedding, photos to follow soon.

    Hugs Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a fantastic card. Lovies

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Kath

    What a brilliant card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete