Saturday, February 20, 2010

Penny Black Saturday Week 89

Morning folks from a rather wintry Aberdeenshire....more snow yesterday and arctic temperatures but it's Saturday..the start of the weekend and time for another challenge from Penny Black Saturday....a big thank you to all those who joined in the Valentine challenge last week....gorgeous cards from you all.
The challenge this week is a colour combo......

PINK....GREEN....YELLOW




Papers: My Minds Eye
Image: Penny Black....Whispers
Martha Stewart Punch Around the Edge....Flowers
Ribbon: American Crafts
Sentiment: Craftwork Cards

I struggled with this one....knew what I wanted it to look like but it didn't quite come out as I hoped.....don't like the ric rac ribbon but it's been a busy old week and as I left it to the last minute.....it was a case of going with the flow...no time to start all over again....I think Mr Mojo is having a laugh and playing the old "silly beggar" game....we need to have a serious chat.     Once again I just had to play with my new favourite toy from Martha Stewart...I think you might be seeing rather a lot of this baby....then I couldn't lay my hands on the right paper for the flowers without hours of searching through my huge paper stash....so just drew a check pattern with Promarkers.
And we have another fabulous prize for you this week from our lovely teamie Carole

"A Tender Hug"


This is the view from the cubbyhole this morning.... I ain't venturing out and am having a day off from all the decorating stuff.....


so the kettle is boiling.....the cubbyhole is nice and toasty warm....."The Budster" is snuggled up fast asleep.....and it's going to be a crafting day....I am off to make a start on an exciting project which I will be sharing with you all soon....a little hint...from Craftwork Cards......but in the meantime have fun with your crafting and I am looking  forward to seeing all your gorgeous colour combo cards this week......will be popping over to pay you a visit.
Hugs Kath xxx

17 comments:

  1. Hi Kath,
    Lovely card today. I think you are too hard on yourself sometimes. Have a lovely crafting day in the cubby hole.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning as always Kath - very stylish and classy. Love the paper piecing - that is one versatile stamp that you make so many wonderful cards with ... and your MS punch is just beautiful. Hope you have a great weekend
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Kath. Hope I have some time this weekend to join in the fun. Hugs...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kath, I LOVE this imnage. And the papers you used are just fab Mrs. One very stylish and beautiful card. Hope you are ok and biggest hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kath we had loads of snow too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Kath. I must get my new punch out too and see what I can do with it. I haven't done the Penny Black challenge for ages, time seems to run away with me. But this week I have made my Just Cute Bears DT card with a PB stamp that I bought in Stampaholics in Perth the other week. Snow like this is not much fun when you live in the country. "Fortunately" the main Aberdeen to Peterhead road is well cleared so I can still get to work every day. Lucky me!!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it too Kath I think you're too hard on yourself sometimes - ALL your cards are amazing! The weather's very cold here today but it looks rather bleak where you are - keep warm and just craft lol!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I think your card is `gorgeous` Kath..look at that view!!!`Gorgeous` ....stay indoors kkep warm and enjoy the rest of your weekend my `friend`:)xxx
    Hope the babies are well(((hugs))))xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the marker work, I would never have known they didn't come that way! Oh my goodness... such snowy prettiness. Until you have to go out in it! I don't miss it at all! Keep warm, and be careful if you have to go out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card Kath...perfect paper piecing...I always forget to do this with flower stamps!
    Beautiful snowy pictures!
    Have a great crafty day.
    Hugs
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, i love the stam you have used and the wonderful colours
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya KAth

    Och this "bleepin" snow!!! LOL
    Disrupts everything, will have to get the bloomin' bus to work now on Monday!!! Grr!
    Anyway back to your wonderful cards, gorjusss! and very inventive with the Pro Boys! Great idea

    Have a good evening

    Hugs
    Dawn
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card Kath ...
    Love the flower stamp you have used, great paper piecing.

    Great snowpicture ;-)

    Hugs, Janneke

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card was so inspiring to me. I took something different for other reasons, but to combine simplicity with elegance like you did, this is my next goal to achieve.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have I seen your picture in the Tim Holtz facebook group?
    Hugs, Baerbel (PB Lover)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card today, as I do all of them. Wish I was half as good. Hmmmm, more snow. I don't really miss it, but it does look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card and the stamps too! :D Thank you for the comment!

    Bye
    Giulia

    ReplyDelete