Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Off on a Jolly

Morning folks...phew....after early mornings and late nights...everything is done and dusted...and it's time to play.....it's been a busy old year so far in the cubbyhole and all work and no play is a tad boring....so it's time for this old crafty girl to cut loose the shackles and let her hair down....and where am I off to......away for two days to Glasgow...my little treat for my Sis who will be celebrating a biggy birthday soon.....I will let you into a secret if you don't spread it around....the big 60.  The birthday girl...2 friends and yours truly are off to hit the high spots....a night in a luxury hotel... an evening's entertainment at the SECC with the gorgeous guys from Westlife and no doubt a bit of retail therapy thrown in for good measure.


And I have just discovered who the support act will be....oh no it's the Macdonald Brothers....from the X Factor 2006...Scotland's answer to Jedward.....not quite as dire but pretty close....that sounds like an extra hour in the bar.
We are only away for 2 days....but Mrs Organised Knickers here as per usual has to make a mountain out of a molehill.....big decision time....what to wear and what to pack.....something for all seasons might be an idea....the weather here has turned a tad cooler but it could still be cooking in Glasgow....will it be dry....will it be raining.....if I take a cosy jacket....I don't want to end up carrying it around if the sun decides to go ballistic but on the other hand....can't wander around in short sleeves if the arctic weather decides to come back....and after much pondering I think I may have turned over a new leaf...have decided I am going with the flow and if the worst comes to the worst....I can always nip into M&S and buy a vest or an umbrella.
By the time you are reading this....I will be on my way to the station....really looking forward to what I know will be a fun filled...laugh a minute girlie get-away....and I know what you are thinking...I have plenty spare knickers...perhaps I should have packed the Tena Ladies just in case.    It's great to spend some fun time with special friends....and brace yourselves Glasgow we're on our way.  Catch up with you all tomorrow with the reason for the mad manic last minute..middle of the night crafting session.
Hugs Kath xxx