Thursday, July 28, 2011

Yeehaaa...it's summer

Morning folks...after all the chilly wintry like weather...at long last Mr Sunshine has decided to grace the North East of Scotland with his company...so I am no longer sitting on the radiator trying to keep warm...oh yes central heating on in July is just crazy crazy.  But I suppose it's been keeping me in the Christmas In July mood... I just can't seem to shake it off at the moment and perhaps that's just as well as the afternoon job today is my Fiskars Workshop card for the NEC in November...crikey in my crafty head that's light years away and you know me I am really a skidding in by the seat of my pants crafter...so how that is going to go is anyone's guess.

In the meantime....some cards from this month's DT Project Of The Month Kit....Classics 
from Craftwork Cards... and you can check out what exactly you get in this great value kit HERE
all the cards I've used are Craftwork Cards fabulous and great quality card blanks and are included in the kit...
Papers...Cottontail Collection & Alphabits
and if you are a Craftwork Cards addict...you may be wondering what paper the trees are cut from....wonder no more....I cut up this....too gorgeous to waste...

Tres Chic Collection.....Alphabits & Circle Messages
Sweet Meadow Collection & Alphabits
Now I'm not complaining about the gorgeous sunny weather but Mr Nikon wasn't happy...the combination of foiling on the alphabits...my habit of glittering everything in sight and Mr Sunshine didn't bode well for great pics.
You all know how I love parcels and even better than the ones that I know are arriving at the cubbyhole are the surprise packages that pop through the letterbox from lovely buddies.....check out these gorgeous crocheted snowflakes that my lovely buddy Maureen sent and I'm itching to use them on some Christmas cards...but better not use them on that Fiskars Workshop card...don't think Maureen would fancy an order from Fiskars for 280 do you....mind you that would keep her out of mischief and have her crochet hook red hot and smoking.
Catch up with you all tomorrow 
Hugs Kath xxx
Edited to add: why don't pop over to Craftwork Cards Blog and read Part 1 of what they got up to at the CHA
and if you click HERE....you can watch the lovely Julie Hickey in action

Edited to add: Christine...my lovely friend Maureen has just sent me the instructions to crochet the snowflakes...if you e-mail me I will send them to you....complete goobledygook to me but I'm sure you will know what it means