Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed

A very good morning everyone from the "up with the birdies" cubbyhole crew...the first day of September...hard to believe isn't it.  Can you tell I am feeling better although bright eyed and bushy tailed might be a slight exaggeration but the dodgy throat seems to be easing and so it should be after the amount of honey and lemon drinks I've swallowed...pastilles I've sucked and self medicating paraphernalia I've taken since the weekend.
Things are returning to normal and it's back to the daily routine...kicking off at silly o'clock with a cuppa...a slice of toast and some chill out time checking e-mails and catching up with what's happening in blogland accompanied as always by my snuggly side-kick The Furry Boy...
is he perhaps proof reading today's post...not a chance...being a typical Goldie he has only one thing on his mind and his eyes are firmly fixed on that last toasty morsel...
like the perfect gentleman that he is...waiting patiently for permission to grab it and believe me it won't even touch the sides...who could resist those pleading eyes...not me that's for sure and doesn't he just know it...
But after our morning stroll....it's time to play catch up...get the crafty conveyor belt back up to speed and today is going to be all about chipboard...more measuring and chopping...yet another exciting day in the cubbyhole.  And my DT card for Penny Black Saturday is in the bag...crikey it's only Thursday...this must be some kind of world record...wonder how long I can keep it up....in the meantime a little sneaky peek.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx

18 comments:

  1. My dog can have the same look on his face and it's always food related!
    Great sneak peek.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Kath

    think I might have to get my crafty knickers on today lol!

    oh and only 9 sleeps till crafty goodness ;)

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kath, how can you only give Bud one tiny piece of toast? That's like giving a horse one oat! Bless his little furry parts. And speaking of which, love the new blog header - looks ace. Have a super day hun, and mind your fingers. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who could resist those big beautiful brown eyes?!

    Sneaky peek looking lovely as always.

    Speak to you soon.
    Hugs
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Buddy you are just adorable. Enjoy your morning walk. hugs Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Kath, glad to hear your feeling a better. Love your sneeky peek, and your pics of Mr Adorable. Have a great day. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Kath, I have two dogs and a cat sitting with pleading eyes each morning. Glad your on the road to recovery, love the sneak peek. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kath

    Like the new look blog header!

    Awwww . . . I couldn't resist those pleading eyes either! I'd give him tidbits any day!

    So pleased to hear you're feeling better too. YAY!

    Hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who could resist those beautiful brown eyes?
    I get the same look from my Gold Lab Leo.
    Love your new blog header and the sneaky peak looks exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Kath Goldies love their nosh. Your sneaky peak looks lovely and I'm glad to hear your feeling a bit better today. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to hear you're starting to feel better. Oh how I wish I could put my arms around that handsome neck - he'd be cwtched to bits! (Cwtch is Welsh for safe place/cuddle). I'll just have to settle for knowing that you'll do the honours for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to read you haven't been too good. Hope you are now on the mend. How cute is Buddy, but so well behaved not just taking it. My dog Archie will come and sit on the arm of the sofa when I'm having my breakfast hoping for a piece of my toast. Sometimes the little monkey will just lick the butter & marmalade off then turn his nose up and not eat the toast. He's not soft.

    ReplyDelete
  13. awwww I just adore your doggie!! he is adorable!! My doggie looks at me like that too when food is about!

    ReplyDelete
  14. well he is adorable and who could resist that love of love, of food that is.

    Great sneeky peek.

    Big Hugs Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks to me a lot like Christmas......glad to hear you're feeling improved & those eyes really wouldn't melt butter would they???
    Hope you've had a good day.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh bless him, what lovely photo's and love your new blog.
    So glad that you are feeling better.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad that you are feeling better, bet that your faithful companion is too! What eyes...no wonder you can't resist! Who could?
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you're feeling better and up and running again. I get a feeling of spots and dots with that sneeky pddk. Will have to wait and see what it is.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete