Friday, October 28, 2011

Cream Crackered or What !!

Morning folks...I know what you are all thinking...what time of day is this to be putting in an appearance"...to be honest cream crackered doesn't even come close to describing how I felt when I got home last night at 9pm and this morning I woke up with that "ran all the way home hanging onto the back of the train" and "then run over by a bus for good measure" feeling.  My fabulous new tote and old comfy slippers behaved impeccably....in fact my feet were the only things that didn't ache by the time I dragged myself away and headed for the station. WHAT A FABULOUS DAY...I had the bestest fun meeting up with my special crafty buddies...the biggest hooligans in the crafty world...you know who you are...and there were more than a few surprises when I bumped into Kathleen...Lorna and Mary and the best surprise of all when I spotted my Fiskars buddy Karen and her Mum Mary who flew in from Northern Ireland...a big thank you to each and every one of you for your wonderful company....loves you all.
First stop was to say hello to my lovely mates Jane & Penny at Art of Craft where I found my Fiskars matey Lorraine in typical demo pose...she is so going to kill me for this pic
Then it was time to pop by Craft Obsessions for the first purchases of the day...to finally meet David and Brenda...they are just the loveliest folks....well I knew that anyway from being a regular shopper at their online shop but it's so nice to put faces to the names behind their fabulous customer service.
All this crafty shopping is hungry work and far more tiring than working the show...so it was time to take the weight off and head off to join the Sugar Nellie Girlies Picnic Lunch...
my lovely buddy Ali cheesing it up for the camera 
Big Hugs to Ali's Mum for providing the yummy lunch and hubby Andy for riding shotgun guarding all our crafty stash purchases as we hobbled from stand to stand....my sweet PBSC teamie Liz...the shy Little Birdie Gayle on the left hiding from the old camera and the gorgeous Cass behind making sure she gets her face in the frame...
Apologies for the crap pics...blame the bright glary lights in the hall...I had far more important things to do than fiddle with exposure and lighting settings...
And what did I buy...as crafty splurges go..not a lot to be honest but in between chatting and stuffing my face at every opportunity one or two goodies managed to make their way home to the cubbyhole...
Flexmarkers...those "a girl can never have enough" Distress Stains...TH gorgeous Holiday Lamppost Die...yummy Lili Of the Valley goodies...another Penny Black stamp "as if I didn't have enough" and last but not least..thanks to the lovely Sue at Craftwork Cards for more must-have goodies
and if you're heading to the show on Saturday....pop by and say hello to my bestest buddy Debbi...the Queen of All Things Letraset who will be demo-ing for Hotshot Crafts M25 and Craft Obsessions K18 throughout the day and if it's half as busy as it was yesterday....elbows at the ready girls.
I suspect today is going one of those one step forward and two steps back kind of days...I doubt if even the big girl knicker trick will work today but with the NEC fast looming and still oodles to do...I need to have a serious team talk with the cubbyhole crew and get production back on track.
I'll catch up with you all tomorrow over at Penny Black Saturday for another fab challenge and prize.
Hugs Kath xxx