Monday, October 31, 2011

The Furry Boy Does Christmas

Morning folks....it may well be Halloween but my snuggly bundle of golden deliciousness aka The Furry Boy is in Christmas mood and has decided that he wants to make a start on his Christmas cards...hey he may not be as daft as he looks. I don't want to panic you but 8 weeks today will be Boxing Day...the big Fat Man in the Red Suit will have been and gone and we will all be recovering from stuffing our faces with all that Christmas grub.
Luckily the old crafty girl is almost organised for escaping the cubbyhole and taking off for Birmingham so WE set to work...that's the royal WE you understand because HIS LORDSHIP lay on the cubbyhole floor and did what he does best....snoozed.


I just knew these gorgeous die cuts from LOTV would come in handy for quick and easy cards when I bought them at the SECC but now that HIS NIBS has snaffled them....I need to stock up again at the NEC and with 6 on a sheet for £1 and 12 sheets for £10...well you can't go wrong...a bit of a no-brainer.
A quick trip to M&S in on the cards today to replace my faithful old slippers....they have served me well over the last year but after my trip to the SECC I suspect that the wonderful air cushion sole has seen better days so it's time to splash the cash and get a super duper new pair...if my feet ain't happy...enough said.
I doubt we will have any spooky visitors tonight as we no longer have any young children in the street which is just as well as The Furry Boy would probably go into doggy meltdown if anyone appeared at the door dressed as a ghost but he won't get off entirely scot free in the scary department when the fireworks start...have to say we have been fairly lucky this time round...not many firework morons out and about so far. I can't quite get my head round the fact that Health & Safety haven't yet banned the sale of fireworks to the general public...crikey kids aren't allowed to play conkers now at school in case they get injured but yet it seems to be OK for them to run amok with explosive devices.
Have fun if you are out and about tonight but stay safe.
Catch up with you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx