Saturday, December 31, 2011

It's Hogmanay

Morning folks...after all the Christmas hullabaloo I've kind of lost track of the days which is not an unusual occurrence in my world...working from home I often have to stop and ponder which day of the week it is but even I know it's the last day of December...the last day of 2011...yes it's New Year's Eve or in my neck of the woods Hogmanay...time to say goodbye to the old year and look forward to a brand new one. Can you believe at the stroke of midnight tonight...it will be 2012.  And just when I thought I had persuaded myself to ditch the grumpy face...all is not well at Chez Kath....
out of the blue...I think I will be welcoming in the New Year with a couple of uninvited guests...yes we've had a fall of snow so it looks like it's going to be a white start to 2012 and I think I'm in for the dreaded cold...the fuzzy head and sneezing for Scotland which at my age presents added complications in the bladder department are a dead give-away...a present that definitely wasn't on my Christmas List. You know what they say "feed a cold...starve a fever"...well I'll do my best but I think the body computer must be having a malfunction as the food intake levels have already gone off the Richter Scale.  I'm planning a cosy jammie day...a great excuse to dodge for yet another year that old age Hogmanay tradition of cleaning the house from top to bottom...can't really see the point...dust is dust and who cares which year it took up residence...instead I'll be chilling out on the sofa sorting out the workshop diary and the 2012 calendar...transferring all the birthdays from one year's calendar to the next.
And then we come to another bonkers tradition that I won't be taking part in...the New Year Resolutions...to be honest there is absolutely no point in me even attempting to go down that road...over the years I've had to admit that willpower is not one of my talents and I think the motto for the January page of the 2012 calendar says it all...
We'll be back at midnight to raise a glass and ring in the New Year with you all
Hugs Kath xxx

16 comments:

  1. Bless you Kath, Have a wee hot tody that should do the trick, enjoy your Hogmanay in your jammie's, lots of love & luck for 2012, for you and yours and Buddy of course x x x Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Kath . . . hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your jammie/sofa day!

    LOVE the sayings on your calendar! Brilliant!

    Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Kath. I have been following your blog for most of 2011 and it has been an inspiration. All the best for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hugs Kath, hope you shake off the cold really quickly. Love the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi you lovely lady, You have started me off whooping again, my family ain't gettng no peace today x x Postie has just arrived with the amazing candy I won from you & Buddy,That's it a jammie day for me also to play with all your very generous goodies x x x Hugs May x x x whoop, whoop, whoop, you get the idea (lol) family are thinking to give me a hot tody just to shut me up x x x wish you better soon x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kath, Sorry to hear your ending the year on a bum note, hope you'll be feeling better real soon, the hot toddy or two should help. Thanks for your friendship and buckets loads of inspiration in 2011 and raise a glass again for more in 2012

    Big Hugs Carol xx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Duvet Day!!

    Snuggle up on that sofa Kath - your blog is utterly inspiring and though a relatively new follower, I find myself visiting each day as much for another dose of your dry wit as much as to see what you've created. I'll drop by at midnight to send you a hug. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your way of thinking...lol!
    Wishing you get better real soon! Happy New Year to you and bud!
    ♥hugs♥
    a big fan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kath, sorry to hear the visitors are of that ilk - hope you're feeling very much improved very very soon. We're seeing in the New Year with a Ben Hur DVD - those resolutions are hopeless aren't they? So, I'm keeping you company in not making them.
    Wishing you well in 2012.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Kath, can't believe you've had snow again. It's just been wet here, very wet and loads warmer than yesterday.

    Hope your cold's not too bad but comfort yourself with the fact that there are much nastier bugs around just now!

    Hope you have a lovely relaxing day and see you next year.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kath, Sorry to hear you've succumbed to the dreaded cauld. We have no snow here in Elgin ...yet..and long may it continue! Have a big mug of fresh orange, a spoon of honey and a spoon of lemon and heat up in the micro..not too hot.. and sip slowly, should help you to feel a bit better, worked for all the snifflers in our house lately, alternatively just have a good dram. Have a great New Year, Love Val

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Hogmanay Kath.Sorry you have the snuffles,wishing them gone very soon.We don't have snow just rain rain rain n fog.

    Wishing you n your family and of course the star Buddy,a very Happy,Peaceful and Safe 2012.Huggles.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year Kath and Buddy!!!

    Hope you manage to fight off the cold - if you don't let's hope that it is just a mild, short one.

    Looking forward to lots more lovely crafty inspiration from you in 2012.

    Love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear you are unwell - I had mine before Christmas. Hope you shake it quickly!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Hogmany Kath, sorry to hear your feeling off colour. Get a few hot whisky and lemons down and have a rest.Get well soon. All the best for 2012. Lots of love and Hugs xxxx ChrisB

    ReplyDelete