Thursday, March 1, 2012

Head Over Heels....

Morning folks...1st of March already...the last 2 months have just flown by and we're heading for Spring...which is great news if you are an early bird like me...first coffee of the day outside with only The Furry Boy and my birdie buddies for company...long before anyone else is up and about and I do love the longer hours of daylight and talking of love...you could just say I am head over heels madly in love with my new toy...lost in my own little world of alphabets and numbers...totally addicted to my new Wordplay Die from that crafty genius...the Lord Of All Things Holtziness...in fact this will probably go down on record as my bestest crafty purchase ever....never again will I be splurging the cubbyhole precious stash cash on those expensive sheets of chipboard letters and numbers...why would I when I can make my own in any colour or pattern that takes my fancy.
I die-cut (I was so tempted to say die-cutted...but is there such a word) the letters out of scrap bits of chipboard which normally would have been destined for the bin and then again from white card....glued the two together and then got stamping and inking....easy peasy and fabilicious if I say so myself...
and hey a ready made mask to use with Adironack Colour Washes...Glimmer Mists or Distress Ink pads...is it any wonder that I am in Alphabet Heaven at the moment....could there be another lightbulb moment card on the horizon.  But I'm dragging myself away from playing with my new toy...taking myself off on a little jaunt to meet up with my lovely buddy Ann who's taking a trip to Aberdeen and where better place for a crafty meet up but at The Papeterie...I have to deliver my Workshop Project and Ann needs some Diamond White Cardstock...killing 2 birds with one stone is as good an excuse as any and then we are heading off for a yummy lunch and an hour or two of crafty chat but first I'll be checking out Tim's March Tag for 2012.
The Furry Boy will be joining you tomorrow to announce the winner of the Birthday Blog give-away....I know it's a day late but his crafty Mum has been a bit busy playing.
Hugs Kath xxx