Friday, June 15, 2012

Crafting is...a piece of cake

A very good morning to all my lovely bloggy buds from your bundle of golden deliciousness...I've been trying my hand at this old crafting malarkey...having a go at making a Father's Day card. Left home alone yesterday...I was feeling a little bored and considering my old Crafty Mum is a tad busy at the mo and would no doubt be putting on her "Mrs Grumpy Knickers" face if I dare to mention adding yet another card to the crafty list I thought I might just dip my paws in and have a go...how difficult can it be...
I spend most of the day snuggled up in the cubbyhole but even in snooze mode I'm all ears so let's put all those crafty hints and tips to the test...first I need to choose one of those stampy things...
it has to be something macho...Dad is not going to be happy with lots of girlie flowers or sparkly stuff...what about this one...
now for the bit that could end up with me in deep dog doodah again...perhaps paws and ink pads were not meant to go together...inky paw prints on the carpet are not going to go down well so I need to approach this scientifically but perhaps I'll have a little snooze first...
don't know what all the fuss is about...an absolute piece of cake...well it's not exactly rocket science is it so after choosing suitable paper...yes I've definitely been paying attention haven't I...I got to work cutting some circles and take note...I'm doing my thing for the environment and recycling some of Lord Timmie's packaging (he who is second in line on the cubbyhole's list of adorable fellas - no prizes for guessing who is top dog)
But I'm not going to share my card with you just yet...I'm thinking of entering it for tomorrow's challenge at Penny Black Saturday...I've got inside info on what that's going to be...one of the many perks of being a valued member of the cubbyhole crew and I can't see anything in the rules that says us canine crafters can't enter but first I need to figure out how to work the linky thing.
I'll see you all tomorrow over at Penny Black Saturday and I know what my crafty Mum is going to say when she sees this...."don't believe everything you read"
Big Furry Hugs and Snuggles for now
Buddy xxx

24 comments:

  1. What a clever boy you are Buddy. Love your card and bet your Dad will love it. Have a great day. Hugs Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choice in stamps Buddy I'm sure Dad will love it, I could do with you in my crafty space.. Have a lovely day you handsome boy! Cuddles May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol.....You chose a great 'stampy thing' there buddy :)

    Fantastic! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done buddy, im sure dad will be delighted with the end result, mum might be a bit worried that your going to cut her feet in the crafty side of things . Aud x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Buddy you're so talented - I think you should have your very own bloggers bloggy thing to make the linky thing easier to use! Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Buddy, can't wait to see the end result! Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Buddy, you have obviously been watching Mum very closely indeed - well done on a supreme effort, looking forward to the result tomorrow. You are a very clever boy and deserve lots of hugs and a treat today!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew you weren't just a pretty face Buddy :)
    maybe mum will have to watch her job too
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Buddy . . . you DO make me laugh! How clever you are to type blog posts AND make cards . . . you truly are a total superstar! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is a brilliant choice & I'm sure that Dad will thoroughly enjoy it - especially when he knows you made it......perhaps you had some help with the inky bits - Brodie??
    Have a super day & give Mum lots of cuddles.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see the finished result Buddy! Hope you've managed to get those inky paws clean.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your choice of stamp buddy, it's going to be a great card, your sure are a super dog.

    And I'm sure Mum will help out if you ask her nicely and give her a big sloppy kiss.

    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol Buddy you are clever! I bet the card turns out great! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card, Buddy, perfect for your Dad! Won't he be surprised?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you for making me smile you gorgeous dog! hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your choice of stamp Buddy:))) Pssssstttt..use water based inky stuff..much easier to get off the furry paws:)
    ♥hugs♥
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  17. Buddy you are the cleverest dog in the world and I don't card what your mum says! Hope you have a lovely weekend and it stops raining so you can get out and take mum for a walk.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. You take me away into another world for a few minutes Buddy. Oh how I wish the real world could be like yours. The card is looking good and bearing in mind just how long a male actually looks at a card I'm sure he will think it's the real Mcoy.Well done Buddy, keep them stories coming.Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. now there's a clever dog,wonder if I can get my poodles in on this crafting lark. janex

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your sense of humour Kath... posting is soooo funny, enjoyed reading it :o)
    Love Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey well done Buddy, looks like you've made a good start. And all I can say is Retrievers must be neater and tidier than Labradors!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dog hair in the ink could get a bit messy - great job Golden friend!

    ReplyDelete