Sunday, September 16, 2012

Ribbon Girl Colour Challenge #23

Hi folks...oops I do hope it's not going to be another Mrs Numptie day...I've got the time wrong and posted this an hour early...my head's been all over the place and I haven't been feeling too chirpy for the last few days...went off to bed feeling fine...woke up the next morning with a sledgehammer head...badger throat and a cough like a fog horn and is it any wonder...one day it's Mediterranean sizzling with the doors and windows wide open...the next we're back in the Ice Age with the heating on but I think I've sent it packing with the help of Messrs Lemsip...Neurofen and gallons of honey and lemon...obviously the brain wiring still needs a bit of work but it's time I was back in the  cubbyhole before my furry crafty friend causes too much havoc.
The middle of the month already and time for this month's colour challenge over at The Ribbon Girls...aren't these colours delicious...I love Pink and Green together...
I've been delving into my Ribbon Girl box of delicious goodies...can you tell I have a bit of a button fetish...first using these gorgeous stamps from Tim Holtz...one very quick and easy...less is more...contemporary Christmas Card...

and something a little bit more vintagey...excuse the naked buttons but I'd stuck them down before I noticed and no way was I starting all over again...




As always there are fabulous prizes up for grabs from our chums at Lili Of The Valley...

 to spend in their online store where you'll find lots of gorgeous new Christmas goodies to tempt you
and from
The Ribbon Girl...
a yummy Green Mini Makes Kit...
For details on how to enter...pop over to The Ribbon Girls and check out the gorgeous makes from my lovely teamies and our guest designer for September...the very talented Alberto from Italy.
Did you know that tomorrow is the start of National Cupcake Week...I'll be sharing some yummy and calorie free Sizzix makes to celebrate.
Hugs Kath xxx


19 comments:

  1. What a fab Christmas card Kath. I love the button card too although it would kill me to put so many gorgeous buttons on one card!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both lovely cards. The pink and green Christmas card is lovely and the vintage button one is sew pretty and very full of lovely buttons. I don't blame you not wanting to start over with your naked buttons but I was wondering if this would work to dress the buttons. Use tied knots in some twine, trimmed neat then glued carefully on buttons and tuck ends in the holes with a pokey tool? Very "footery" but might work??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Kath, sorry that you have been feeling under the weather but it certainly has not affected your creativeness! I love your TH Christmas tree card, no matter what I do with that stamp in the set I can't get it right but I do love the other three. The dress form card is gorgeous, loving all those buttons ..... keep warm and well. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cards but the second has to be my my favo Kath!!!!!

    Hugs, Irene

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first one is lovely but the second one is GORGEOUS. Love this style of card, the dress form looks great. Oh dear, naked buttons, lol! Hope you feel better today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards as usual my fav has to be the second - naked buttons and all! Scrummy cupcakes, can't wait to see your makes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just love that christmas card - what a great stamp! and I have a button fetish so the other one is just gorgeous!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two wonderful cards Kath. Hope you feel better real soon. Hugs to you and Buddy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Kath. Love those Timmie stamps, the button card is Fabulous I like the look of the naked buttons! Beautiful dress form also! Thank goodness for lemsip.. wish you a speedy recovery
    Happy Sunday.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow These are just wonderful Kath. Such inspiring ideas, thank you.

    I hope you are feeling better soon

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you feel very much better - we've had to put the heating on! Love that second one - so many interesting textures & colours in addition to the pinks & green.
    Much love & a cuddle for Mr Furry.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi Kath - love both cards but the vintage buttons one is just stunning - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards Kath, love the Christmas tree. Looks great in the pink and green, very contemporary. The dress form is stunning, but I'm with Susan, could I bring myself to put sooo many gorgeous buttons on one card!!!??!! They do look fab thoough.
    Feel better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous christmas cards Kath. Sorry you are still not feeling too good. Tried a Toddy!!
    Love the vintage button card - just sew you!


    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow two fabulous cards - the vintage sewing card especially so! Stunning design and beautifully embellished!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Kath,love the way you write your posts always make me smile.Mind you I am sorry you were not up to par for a while,glad you are feeling better.And how is that Gorgeous golden delicious bundle,do hope he is back to his mischivious self lol.Fab cards,great colour combo love the buttons naked or otherwise lol.Hugs xx Huge Cuddle up for the furry boy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kath, hope you're feeling a bit better. Thought today was going to be fine and then suddenly the rain came on!

    Great cards, love the colour combo, pink and green always looks good.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you feel better soon. It is always awful to be feeling poorly when you would rather be creating!

    I love both card! Gorgeous colours and fabulous textures in the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So gorgeous Kath! Love both of these stunning creations.
    xx

    ReplyDelete