Monday, November 19, 2012

A spanner in the works...

Hi folks...it's Monday morning and the beginning of a brand new week...what I thought was going to be a week of no crafty stuff...with only 5 weeks until Christmas...I was planning on chilling out on the sofa writing my Christmas cards while watching a bit of TV...making a start on the pressie list which gets harder and harder every year and planning the Christmas Menu...in other words trying for once to be organised instead of my usual last minute headless chicken routine but hey life has a habit of throwing a spanner in the works when Mr Postie came to call with a great big parcel from Fiskars...
the kind of parcel that means samples and deadlines..
the new 2013 goodies from Fiskars have arrived in the cubbyhole and don't quote me but I'm assuming they will be available to buy in the UK after their launch at the Craft Hobby + Stitch Trade Show (Stitches) in February....
and the new Border Punch System
with interchangeable cartridges...saving lots of space on storage and the border punch cartridges also work in the Advantedge...cool

Time to don the Fiskars hat again and get to work but first I need to do battle with all that packaging...I know it's intended to protect the product but from what...being dropped from 35,000ft or perhaps a nuclear explosion...I'll have lost the will to live by the time I've rescued them all from their "almost impossible to get into" plastic overcoats...if the trusty Fiskars scissors don't work...I might have to look out the chain saw and dynamite and just for once I need to read the instructions on how it all works before I jump in headfirst and make a pig's ear of it all...time for a calm down cuppa me thinks. I'll be back tomorrow to share pics from our fun Christmas Crafting Weekend at The Papeterie
Hugs Kath xxx