Thursday, January 31, 2013

My "Warts 'n All" Art Journaling Adventure...

Hi folks...if you're a regular reader of my blog ramblings...you'll know that I'm a big big mahoosive fan of the very talented Hero Arts Designer...Shari Carroll and when I saw this...
I was blown away...I have always loved Shari's style and couldn't resist her invitation to join in her new adventure...Art Journaling which will be a regular monthly feature on her blog exploring different styles and techniques. But I'm a little wary of sharing my first ever foray into this world...I did have great fun in the attempt...made a few boo boos along the way and at more than one point in the creative process I was very tempted to ditch it all and start over but hey it's all about practice makes perfect.  I started out following the VIDEO where Shari walks you through the whole creative process but when I tried to put my own spin on it...I think I may well have over-egged the pudding...but hey ho...although I'm not entirely sold on it...it won't be going in the bin but sitting in the cubbyhole as a reminder that I'm still very much a virgin art journaler who's looking forward to the next step in the journey...
it all went horribly wrong when I tried to apply the embossing paste through the stencil...obviously either the stencil didn't lie flat enough on the crease of the page or I had too much paste ending up with a bit of a gloopy mess...
and I didn't fare much better with the second attempt...not enough embossing paste this time I suspect...
but I soldiered on...

And a little something that's been bugging me...I'm convinced that the word "JOURNALING" should have 2 LL's but apparently not..so there...that's me told...not as hot at spelling as I thought. Can you believe it's the last day of January already and tomorrow we have Timmie's "12 Tags of 2013" February Tag to look forward to...see you bright and early.
Hugs Kath xxx