Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Fun Polkadoodles Day...

Hi Folks...I've had a fun 2 days skiving off from the cubbyhole...Friday's lunch out and pamper day worked wonders for this beat up old DIY crafty person and yesterday's fun day out at The Papeterie was just the icing on the cake.  While the plasterer was working his magic on the kitchen I hightailed it over to meet up with my lovely buddy...Mrs Nikky...Nikky...Noo...Na...you may know her as Nikky from Polkadoodles who came all the way to Scotland to launch her brand new stamp range which is exclusive to The Papeterie...
and wow us all with her fabulous colouring skills and hey even the crafty world's oldest colouring virgin learned lots of new tips and tricks.



She's such a sweetheart and a wonderful teacher...patience personified taking lots of time to explain each stage of colouring and blending although she did struggle to understand our Scottish accents at times...hope you will be taking a note of all the new words you've learned this weekend Nikky...we loved welcoming you to Bonny Scotland and we hope you'll come back soon or as we would say in this neck of the woods...haste ye back. And then I arrived home to find...
one kitchen with lovely smooth walls...all evidence of my tile removal disasters gone...ready for painting in 3 or 4 days time and I even managed to squeeze in a little bit of crafting...looks like Mr Mojo's back and all is well in our little crafty corner. I'll be sharing what I've made tomorrow in the first of my "Inspired by Paula" posts but in the meantime some sneaky peeks.

and have you heard the news...BIG BIG NEWS...Tim Holtz is launching...

how exciting...Tim's gorgeous Shabby Chic Designs in fabric...wow forget the kitchen make-over...this may mean a whole house make-over...I'm thinking curtains...cushions...lampshades and even a duvet cover for the bedroom...my mind's in an Eclectic Elements whirl.
Hugs Kath xxx