Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fun at Hobbycraft...

Hi folks...the wanderer has returned safe and sound from the trip to Hobbycraft Glasgow and yesterday turned out to be another scorcher of a day...blistering hot so was I a happy bunny to discover the store was air conditioned...don't think I might have survived otherwise...not particularly busy which wasn't a big surprise...what would you rather do when the sun has his hat on and I do suspect that most of the folks who joined me for the demo were just glad to take the weight off for a while and enjoy the nice cool air...
but a big thank you to my lovely bloggy buddies who made the trip to come say hello...it was lovely to see you again and thanks for making me feel that I wasn't completely "billy no mates" and a special huge thank you to the lovely staff at Hobbycraft who all made me feel so welcome...especially the Manager Susan and my 2 new bestest buddies...the lovely Lyn and the ever so cute Tom who looked after me so well especially Lyn who kept me fortified throughout the day with cups of coffee...thanks a million folks for your wonderful hospitality and fun company...
the drive home was miles better than the drive down...I wasn't looking forward to another 3 hours of being blown to bits by the air con but the minute I left Glasgow the sun disappeared and it was cloudy all the way to Aberdeen with the odd bit of fog and a little sprinkling of rain and the perfect end to a fun day...fish and chips at Scone on the way home. I'm planning on having a chill out lazing around doing nothing kind of a day but I'll be back tomorrow to share some of the demo samples.
and a fun pic from Friday morning...as I loaded up the car my "what would I do without him" adorable Furry Boy came trotting out with a slipper with that "don't forget your slippers Mum" look on his face.
Hugs for now
Kath xxx

20 comments:

  1. Hi Kath
    What a good Boy Buddy is to make sure his mum did not forget her Slippers, Hope there was no droll on them like my Boys do. Have a lovely lazy day your deserve it
    Take care
    Hazel G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kath, glad to hear you got back safe, Looking forward to seeing the pictures - the samples look stunning on your table.
    Also wanted to say thank you I received my stamps from Kim this morning and as soon as it cools down I'm hoping to have some seriously inky play, mwah mwah Buddy - you gorgeous beastie! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're safely home. Buddy really is priceless - of course you'd need your slippers. I bet he wanted to come too....... Hope you manage to have a rest today.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A shame there wasn't a better turnout Kath, you should come to the one at Preston I would definitely be first in the queue to see you! Have a fun relaxing day! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kath, glad your home safe and sound, Buddy and hubby will be delighted I'm sure. Your samples look lovely, that wee bird is really cute, nice and chubby. Hope the sun shines on you today...Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kath, glad your home safe and sound, Buddy and hubby will be delighted I'm sure. Your samples look lovely, that wee bird is really cute, nice and chubby. Hope the sun shines on you today...Trish

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to hear that you got home safely and that the journey was a little better. Wow to the samples on your table! What a lovely pal Buddy is...... have a good lazy day both of you. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete


  8. Sounds like a good, creative day. Your samples look wonderful...\love the blue snowflake!

    ReplyDelete

  9. Kath, what a pity you didn't get more to see all your great pieces, their loss. Now I bet if had been pouring with rain you wouldn't have been able to move. Folk are funny it was cloudy here in fife but you should have seen the tail back on the way through Cupar with them all heading to St Andrews and the beach, did they think it wouldn't be cloudy there too.
    I was Glad I was going to Perth, and was turning left at the junction and not right.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kath, So glad you are home safe, The hot weather is sure to keep people away,I've noticed that here the shops are very quite... there is a new Hobbycraft opening on the 1st of Aug here in Eastbourne whoop whoop, I'm glad they will be stocking the Fiskers range..Buddy is so sweet bringing you your slipper what a Gorgeous pic...Enjoy your Sunday... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww bless him for knowing how much you love your slippers. Glad you had a goo day. Samples look gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Kath. Glad you enjoyed your Day. If I lived nearer I would have come along and kept you company. Just goes to show that Buddy boy is always thinking of you. Hugs Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kath looks like you had a fun trip, I would just like to say that your work is fab youyou have such a talent :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw Kath - Buddy might not be going with you but he wants you to be comfortable.... Pleased you had a good day and enjoy your rest today. We have family arriving shortly and a 'manic' barbeque to look forward to!!!
    Hugs
    Heather W
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I suppose you can't blame people for wanting to be out in the (rare) sunny weather but it was a pity for you after all your hard work. Just showed hubby the photo of Buddy putting your slipper in the boot and he said -'He's delightful isn't he?' Hope he didn't miss you too much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you had a good day. What a good boy you are Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How kind of Buddy looking after his Mum. Glad you had a good day. Enjoy your rest. Hugs to both of you. X ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely samples Kath. Looking forward to a closer look. What a helpful doggie Buddy is!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. glad they had air con for you Kath but sorry it wasn't busier for you! Time can drag when not many folk turn up! Your samples look amazing too! Wonderful work! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete