Thursday, November 28, 2013

"No Way Jose"...

Hi folks...wishing all our crafty American Cousins...a very Happy Thanksgiving...a time of feasting and fun...enjoy.
On this side of the pond...the best laid plans have gone a bit haywire...it was a real "No Way Jose" moment when I tried to fit the 30 tags from the Creative Chemistry 102 class into my newly decorated Eclectic Elements Journal...
there were just too many layers and what's the point of having a book if the darned thing won't close...time to admit defeat...switch on the thinking cap and try to come up with a solution. I was determined this was not going to be another of those white elephant finished projects...taking up space but serving no useful purpose. What I needed was one of those rare occurence megawatt lightbulb genius moments and hey presto after a few flickering attempts...I've hit upon a "killing 2 birds with one stone" idea and it's now the new home for the tags from
"12 Tags of 2013" 


Now being a bit of a thrifty Scotswoman...I only used my precious Eclectic Elements fabrics for the front cover...all the other pages were covered with papers from Tim's French Industrial Paper Stack but as Eclectic Elements are based on Tim's paper designs...they fit together beautifully...a perfect "back of the net" match.
In my crazy cubbyhole declutter...I decided that the large wall canvasses storing 3 years of "12 Tags" had to go along with their accompanying layers of dust so I'm rather pleased that I've found the perfect home for this year's tags although I have rather shot myself in the foot...yes I need to find time to decorate another 2 journals to house tags from "2011" and "2012".
 and the cubbyhole's resident poseur was making sure he got a bit of the action...
But what about the Creative Chemistry 102 tags I hear you ask...well I've managed to find the perfect home for those too...I'll be back tomorrow to tell you where they will be residing but first I need a cuppa and a lie down in a darkened room...being a genius is such hard work.
Hugs Kath xxx

14 comments:

  1. Sorry I've not been around. All had a sickness bug here. Not a pretty site 3 of us fighting for the bathroom.
    You have been busy, your book looks fantastic. Also decluttered your craft room, it looks lovely and neat. When every your free you can come and tackle mine. Crafty love and hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kath, those tags are such amazing works of art. So glad you have such a beautiful way to honor and keep them (sounds like a wedding, but I mean it!) I so enjoy seeing your lovely work and reading of your escapades. I don't know how you mange to get done all you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a powerhouse of energy!
    You accomplish so much craftywise and still have time for walks and excersize for the furry boy.

    How do you do it all...I feel so lazy in comparison.

    Your book looks fabulous and I enjoyed seeing how you staggered the tags on the pages to balance the book when closed...brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous folder to keep them in Kath, your artwork is just stunning....and Buddy obviously thinks so too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous way to store your tags and keeps them clean and safe forever.
    hugs {Brenda} xOx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful book and love your tags. Now Buddy, you are just the best looking boy. LOts of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Kath - your folder looks awesome - being such a genius must be hard for you!!! Don't rest too long though! Lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genius indeed! Not surprised you needed a lie down, you are such an inspiration Kath. Will be missing for a couple of day, off to see the fabulous Finnabair! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful book of tags, bet you do end up making new ones for the previous years. Can you come and organise my stash please lol? Have a fab day xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! What works of art. You should open a gallery for all the lovely pieces you've created.Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kath, your book and tags are beautiful, they are truly works of art. Buddy must think that too, he's looking good in his winter coat...Trish

    ReplyDelete
  12. My, isn't Mr. Buddy looking handsome and as fit as a fiddle these days? Nice solution for your tag storage.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your book for displaying. What an inspiration! Buddy looks like a sweety. But if hees anything like my golden he never gets pet ( or so they act) and they are diabolical! My Goldens name is Chaos. And he lives up to it. I just found your blog through Pinterest. Looking forward to stalking your creative ways😊.

    http://canadiannickelscrapn.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete