Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Woohoo...another lightbulb moment...

Hi folks...another lightbulb moment...just like the proverbial buses they seem to be coming along all at once and I'm taking full advantage because no doubt I'll have to wait an absolute age for the next one to arrive. On this occasion it was Sunday's Christmas ornaments that flicked the lightbulb switch....
I could have kept them to hang on my own Christmas Tree but the ornament box is already bulging at the seams...ornaments that my own kids made at school....ornaments that the grandkiddies have made...ornaments I bought in post christmas sales and ornaments that I've collected on my travels over the years. I'm not one of those folks who has to have a colour themed tree so they're a mixture of different styles and colours but each and every one holds special memories.
So why not fix them onto Christmas Cards giving the recipient the choice of using it as a tree ornament and hey it could even become an annual tradition for special friends...


The plastering is coming along nicely...the upstairs walls and the staircase are now as smooth as a baby's bum and I suspect he may be working his magic today in the downstairs hall which means I'll be marooned in the cubbyhole...well that is until I'm allowed out to put the kettle on...which going by past experiences will be often....these builder blokes don't half like their cuppas.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx

15 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea to include a permanent keepsake in your Christmas cards. These are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to remind you, my address is........
    What a great idea Kath. Trust you to come up with an original,
    love
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky lucky people who get these cards Kath - they are stunning and a lovely thing to give, p.s. let me know when you want my details to send me one lol! Enjoy your time in the cubbyhole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your lightbulb moments, these are sooooo gorgeous. A lovely idea.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas tree sounds just like mine!! One packed full of memories. Love your idea. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous cards and a great idea Kath. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous idea! We're making lots of decorations for my mum this year, but that seems like a great thing to do in future! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea Kath - and sounds like we have similar trees! Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea Kath, whoever receives those cards will be a very lucky person indeed! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally loving your lightbulb moment Kath, they look fabulous! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah - so very clever kath - fab idea x

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your idea - both tags and cards are gorgeous! what did you use so the ornament would stay on card but still be removable???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards and what a great idea to have the removable ornament!

    ReplyDelete