Monday, April 7, 2014

Cubbyhole Essentials...crafting and otherwise...

Hi folks...us crafters all have our particular favourites when it comes to essential crafting tools...the ones we can't live without...the ones we would hope to have with us if we were ever marooned on a desert island...in my case...life would be pants if I didn't have an assortment of my favourite Fiskars scissors...my grotty "right hand man" pokey tool or craft pick to give him his Sunday name and a case load of Glossy Accents...
And talking about pants...that's exactly how I'm feeling right now...the dreaded "drippy nose" and "sneezing for Scotland" unwelcome visitor managed to sneak in the back door while I wasn't looking. They do say if you treat a cold it will last 7 days...if not...a week but with the Spring Craft Retreat at The Papeterie only 3 sleeps away...do the maths folks...it's time for some "I don't have a week" drastic measures so some emergency supplies have been added to the cubbyhole essentials list...
a super soft "kind to my nose" toilet roll...we've ditched the little handy packs of tissues in favour of the big guns...a jar of Manuka Honey...at that price it should also have the elixir of youth properties...a load of lemons and 4 times a day Mr Neurofen...if things don't improve by Friday...I may have to add incontinence knickers to the shopping list...sorry folks...perhaps that's way too much information.
But it takes more than an inconvenient medical crisis to halt the crafty conveyor belt so I'm soldiering on...in between wiping my nose and practising the old bladder control exercises...determined to tick the decoration of the "Laboratoire Album" off the list today.
and the old "always uneven numbers" thing just wouldn't go away so to keep everyone happy I just had to add Rose Number (3) to my tag...
See you all tomorrow 
Hugs Kath xxx

17 comments:

  1. Get well soon Kath. I noticed that have the manuka honey in Costco so may be worth a look x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you Kath don't drip on any of your gorgeous work. So glad to see that you added that extra flower...much better ;0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you well Kath,...Love the extra flower on your tag.. Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The extra flower looks beautiful! I hope that you kick the butt of that cold before the weekend at least.... take care! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kath sending good wishes your way, hopefully the bug will go soon. Love the extra flower it just looks right x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending get well soon wishes and hope you are soon feeling better Kath - nothing worse than a runny nose, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kath, poor you, isn't it just typical when you really want to feel at your best, fingers crossed it goes away as quickly as it appeared. Like the third rose, a wee change of colour and yes it does look more pleasing to he eye...Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you soon feel better Kath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better soon Kath. Fab tag and love the addition of the third flower. Now that is an interesting die for my wish list. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kath - hope you don't have to suffer too long - the manuka should kick in - I like to use it as more of a preventative - i say like because of the price lol!!!! Hope you feel better soon xx Big hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kath. I hope you will soon be better.I just love your humor. Today for me is very sad, but you made me smile. Keep up the good work. Sending you a warm hug. Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw poor you, it's not fair that you should catch the cold again and just before your trip away. I once saw a label attached to a bag of kiwi fruit and apparently there is more vitamin C in one kiwi than in 6 lemons, much more palatable too! I knew you would add that third rose!!
    Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you Feel better soon Kath.
    hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also use the toilet roll sometimes, instead of tissues :) Loved the roses! Hope you get well soon! denisesplanet com

    ReplyDelete