Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Oh Joy...a rare phenomenon...

Hi folks...from time to time a rare phenomenon occurs in the cubbyhole...one of those elusive lightbulb moments and hey when it happens you just have to run with it. On this occasion I had an idea in my head to use Tim's Birch Trees Die...did I mention this may be my all time favourite die...to make an acetate card with a moon on the inside of the card but it just wasn't coming together until I stumbled on the idea of cutting away a section of the trees to reveal the moon and wording in the background...
I used the Rectangle Die from Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes to cut an aperture in the card...fixed acetate behind and cut another frame to fix to the inside front. Then I fixed the Birch Trees Die Cut into the aperture...not an exact fit but near enough.
On reflection...forgive the pun...I should have given the acetate a dust down before taking the photograph...

I die cut "Joy" from white and red cardstock...fixing one on the front and one on the inside...creating a drop shadow effect when the card is closed.
The cute little birds were cut with Fiskars Interchangeable Border Punch-Birds. Don't you just love when a plan comes together...if only it happened more often.
Hugs Kath xxx

13 comments:

  1. what a cool card Kath - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooove this, Kath! Your birch trees on a snowy night are a fantastic mix!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! I've been enjoying all your Christmas inspiration over the last couple of weeks but this one is the star of the show for me
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous effect Kath - love the finished card.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea Kath and I love the effect, especially the shadow lettering. I must get a move on with my Christmas cards !!!!

    Have a great day x
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Kath,
    It's hosing it down with rain here in Cornwall this morning so this card was like a little ray of sunshine...or moonshine :)
    I'm in love with the birch die as well and it's way up the top of my TH wish list :). I think you are an inspiration, Kath. The card is just so beautiful. I love the way you've used the acetate. I have a piece with little snowflakes all over it...I wonder if I could use that to make something meant to look like your wonderful creation. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful card with us.
    Bejay x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Kath love the branches and the shadow on the lettering . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. a really great idea Kath - looks fabulous - might just be borrowing this one!!! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really are one clever cookie!! I love this idea - you are such an enabler too, I just had to buy this die that I didn't need before, but do now.... Love your beautiful creation Kath... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this kath! what a clever idea to cut the trees and make the door. I would never of thought of that in a million years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a wonderful card. It's great to see all the layers coming together. I just bought the birch tree die too. I have the Village Dwellings as well. This season's Tim Holtz stuff is incredible, isn't it? Thank you for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete