Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Distress A Little Different...

Hi folks...I can hardly believe that more than a week has gone by since I was super duper excited to be joining my bestest buddy Anne  (imagine 2 hyper-active kids in a sweet shop) for a very special treat...the Tim Holtz Retailer Workshop on the Saturday before Stitches opened...an opportunity to get the low down first hand from our beloved Professor on all the new products launched by Ranger at CHA 2016...tons of product knowledge to take in and a chance to test drive the fabulous new Distress Crayons and Distress Collage Mediums...nothing beats a bit of hands on mucky playtime to understand what products can do and of course when Tim is in the room...it's going to be a whole lot of fun too...
so what did we make...
A "Distress A Little Different" Framed Collage Panel...
lots of fun playing with one of the new mini layering stencils and Texture Paste and oh boy...I'm in love with the Distress Collage Crazing Medium which really came to life when I added the Vintage Photo Distress Crayon on top...rubbed it into the texture and then smudged it out to blend...
and I love how you can layer colours on top of each other to create new colours and apply the Picket Fence Distress Crayon over other colours to create highlights...
 and of course I'm in my element when a project involves anything "Alphabet"
it now has pride of place in the cubbyhole next to my Distress Ink storage...thanks Tim for the Idea-ology Adjustable Easel...
but as always when you're having fun...the time passes too quickly and before we knew...the most amazing fun 3 hours had come to an end and it was time to grab our Professor for a photo...
wonderful memories of a very special morning spent in the company of very special friends.
A huge thank you to the teams from Ranger and Notions Marketing for inviting us along to play and for the very generous take-home bundle of goodies and an extra special thank you to Tim and Mario for another fun filled inspirational workshop...did I mention that I love these guys and look forward to seeing them back in the UK real soon.
I've got more workshop projects to share with you but today it's back to the day job and the crafty list for me...a magazine commission to finish off and get in the mail and get ahead with DT projects before I jet off to Birmingham again for the Hobbycraft Show in...yikes...2 weeks time...it's going to be another crazy day in the cubbyhole...time to get my skates on. I'll be back tomorrow with a very special give-away.
Hugs Kath xxx