Wednesday, October 26, 2016

OK...buckle Up...

HI folks...I have no idea why but I get lots of questions about how and where I take photos of my projects...let me start by saying that David Bailey I am certainly not...if my photos turn out half decent... it's probably more through luck than skill...in fact my all singing and dancing camera has never in it's life ventured out of Automatic mode and if you're thinking that I have a state of the art studio with all the latest gizmos...it's time to buckle up and fasten your seat belts while I bring you right back down to earth with a warts 'n all tour of my photo-taking space which is a small store room at the back of the garage...home to all sorts of clutter...my Fiskars mower...duplicate products...craft items looking for a new home...DIY bits and pieces and store cupboard essentials...
no daylight tent...no special lighting...in fact no "bells and whistles" gadgets whatsoever...instead I use this shelf by the window that gets great natural light...even on dull rainy days.
 and a handy flower pot to prop up my backdrop and foreground papers...
 then I grab a can of something (anything will do) from the store cupboard shelf...
to support the project I want to photograph. 
and after all that high-tech faffing around and a little bit of  tweaking on a photo editing programme...here is the today's card using the "Holiday Background" stamp the "Believe In The Season" collection from Simon Says Stamp...click on the link to see all the fabulous products in this release...


The moral of the story...don't believe everything you see and yes...the camera does occasionally lie but hey it's all about what works for you. Have fun whatever you have planned for today...for me it's some "12 Tags" fun.
Hugs Kath xxx