Thursday, August 3, 2017

A Walk Down Memory Lane...

Hi folks...no crafty stuff to share today but I am sharing some old photographs that my little Sis found and who would have thought I would now have a collection of my very own vintage photos...they sure did take me on a wonderful walk down memory lane...taken many many moons ago...over 60 years ago in fact with a Kodak Brownie camera and hey the quality isn't half bad. If my memory serves me right I think I was about 4 here and little Sis was 3...taken in my Grandma's back garden at 2 Jubilee Cottages Kirkton of Skene which is just down the road from where I live now and I often pass the old house on my way home.
here is me digging around in the dirt...it was obvious then I was never going to be a girlie girl...with my best friend Bustle our Springer Spaniel and I still struggle to control that birds' nest hair.
Back when Summer meant Summer...check out the sandals...Clarks if I remember right...kids nowdays don't go out to play with pretty Peter Pan collar/puffy sleeves dresses and now I know where my habit of going sockless whenever I can comes from...
we are a little older here...in the garden with Sleepy the Cat and Pongo the Pekinese who belonged to the lady who made our matching polka dot dresses...
and the obligatory studio portrait...hair controlled by ribbons and faces scrubbed until they shone. This was way before colour photography was popular and I think the photographer coloured the photograph with ink just like using Tim's Distress Markers to colour Paper Dolls.
I'll be back tomorrow to share the cards I made with the stamps that Simon Says Stamp sent me from their new release launching today at noon EDT in the US and 5pm in the UK.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx