Thursday, August 17, 2017

The Week Got Off To A Shaky Start...

Hi folks...Seriously is it really Thursday already...another week flying in and let me say that the weekend never came round as quickly back in my pre-retirement days of the 9 to 5 grind and the dreaded daily commute. Now work consists of playing all day...answerable to no-one and the journey to work is a breeze as long as you remember that the furry juggernaut has right of way when negotiating doorways.
We've been busy busy making projects with Tim Holtz Halloween Ideaology...sneaky peek of my DT project for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...
and another I can't share with you yet...
But the week got off to a bit of a shaky start...I found myself stranded at the shops with 2 bags of shopping when the car keys went AWOL. I retraced my steps around the shop but there was no sign so I left my telephone number with the manager and set off home on shanks' pony in the torrential rain praying with every sodden step that we had a spare set. I decided to have a calm down cuppa before I broke the news to hubby, removed my rain jacket and what do you know...said keys were in the front pocket of my paint spattered cubbyhole crafty hoodie...Mrs Numptie does it again and we all know that stupidity has consequences...another soaked to the skin adventure to rescue the car.
But every cloud has a silver lining and talk about perfect timing...I couldn't have cared less about getting drenched yet again on the cubbyhole crew's lunchtime stroll because UPS arrived with a yummy parcel of red rubber...I was dancing in the rain and splashing in the puddles all the way round thanks to Tim, Mario, Paula and the lovely folks at Stampers Anonymous...suddenly Mrs Numptie's week was looking a whole lot brighter...
this Halloween collection of fabulous stamps and stencils is fan-spooky-tastic...I love love love the smell of new red rubber but I'm still at the looking/oooh-ing/aaah-ing stage because I've been a little bit distracted...hunky joiner's been back for 2 days laying new flooring in the front room


but I'm back on track and can't wait to break out the ink pads next and have fun.
In the meantime...enjoy your weekend whatever you have planned and I'll see you all on Monday
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx