Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Tim Holtz Halloween Inspiration Series...Ghostly Goings On...

Hi folks...Tim has shared the recap from Week 2 of  the fabulous Tim Holtz Halloween Inspiration Series over on his blog and if you didn't manage to see all the projects during the week, you can catch up HERE.
It's been an amazing two weeks so far filled with so much spooky creativity and I'm looking forward to seeing what spooktacular inspiration lies in wait for Week 3.
I'm sharing my Ghostly Goings On card using papers from the Halloween Paper Stash and the new Idea-ology Halloween and Gothic Cling Foam stamps
super easy to use with Distress Paints or Inks...I think I'm addicted...
I stamped the ghosts with Black Soot Distress Paint, let it dry completely and then used the Stamp Platform to restamp the ghosts (slight offset to create a drop shadow) three times with Picket Fence Distress Paint (letting the paint dry between applications). I stamped the lettering from the Gothic Cling Foam Stamp set with Black Soot first and then with Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint...
I added Halloween Design Tape, Clipping Stickers, Halloween Remnant Rubs, a Halloween Typed Token hung from Eclectic Elements Black Thread, Idea-ology Pumpkins shaded with Walnut Stain Distress Crayon which I chopped in half (so they would sit on the card) and a splattering of White Gesso. And yes, I saved the other halves of the pumpkins for another project.
I used Tim's Paper Distresser on the edges of the stamped panel and fixed to a card blank cut and scored from a sheet of Black Classic Kraftstock which I sanded to give a distressed look. I'll be back tomorrow to share my Haunted House cards from Week 2.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous design Kath, really love the spooky vibe...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your ghostly goings on Kath, those hats make the ghosts look so cute and I love the colourful 'wicked'. The whole series has been so inspirational!! Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is fantastic! Love the ghosts and cute pumpkins.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super make Kath.
    Have you seen that the BBC website have published the list of top 10 spookiest places in the UK?
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete