Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Tim Holtz Holiday Inspiration Series - Deck The Hall

Hi folks...I'm back to share another project for the Tim Holtz Holiday Inspiration Series and I had lots of fun decorating the smallest of the Etcetera tags which measures 5.1/2" x 10" with the gorgeous papers from the Idea-ology Christmas Paper Stash, the Christmas Noel and Christmas Alpha Foam Stamps,Christmas Ephemera and lots of Christmas Idea-ology...

I started off by creating a paper template just slightly larger than the tag, covered it with randomly cut pieces of paper from the Christmas Stash Pad all fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte. Once it was dry I looked out my sewing machine, stitched round each section of paper using a Zig-Zag stitch and applied a coat of Distress Collage Medium Matte over the top. I created shadows around the paper pieces using the Walnut Stain Distress Crayon which made the stitching stand out, fixed to the Etcetera Tag using Distress Collage Medium Matte and sanded off the excess paper using the Sanding Grip.
I stamped the branch from Christmas Noel with Evergreen Bough Distress Paint, the bauble with a mix of Candied Apple and a little Black Soot Distress Paint, overstamped with Black Soot and Picket Fence and stamped the stars and the letters from Christmas Alpha with Candied Apple.
I added Christmas Ephemera, Christmas Paper Dolls, a Holiday Flash card decorated with Christmas Remnant Rubs and a Fragment, a Christmas Transparent Alpha Tile and Christmas Typography
I added more Christmas Ephemera, little strips of Christmas Fringe and Frozen Findings snowflakes coloured with Picket Fence Distress Paint and sprinkled with Distress Rock Candy Glitter.
I added Idea-ology Label Letters to complete the sentiments, more Fragments and Chistmas Fringe tied through the hole on the tag.

And just in case you missed Week 1 of  the Holiday Inspiration Series, you can check it out HERE on Tim's Blog.

I'll be back later in the week with another Holiday Inspirations project
Hugs Kath xxx